ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Surrender and OCI appointment booking

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rohanmj
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Surrender and OCI appointment booking

Post by rohanmj » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello,

Couldn't find a thread on this so thought I should ask - do people need to wait until attending a Passport Surrender appointment before booking an OCI appointment?

My case -

I have a Passport Surrender appointment coming up on 2nd September, 2021. Can I proactively book an OCI appointment date in the near future, say middle of September (assuming the surrender certificate arrives within that timeline), or do I have to wait for the surrender certificate before attempting to book an OCI card appointment?

I hope that made sense!

Thanks

ar1234
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport Surrender and OCI appointment booking

Post by ar1234 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:15 am

sorry.. unrelated query but how did you manage to get an appointment for indian passport surrender. I have been trying to get an appointment (London-Goswell / Hounslow) for over a week but little success... any time-slots during the day when they release fresh appointments?

rohanmj
Newly Registered

Post by rohanmj » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:00 pm

I booked mine way back in early July mate!

juhi

Post by juhi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:20 am

I am interested as well to know if it is possible to book an appointment for OCI when waiting to surrender indian passport? Though I''ve been struggling for a month to even book an appointment for Indian Passport surrender :(
As far as I know we might have to receive a surrender certificate to submit for OCI which we aren't sure when we might receive it in these times.

juhi

Post by juhi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 am

ar1234 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:15 am
sorry.. unrelated query but how did you manage to get an appointment for indian passport surrender. I have been trying to get an appointment (London-Goswell / Hounslow) for over a week but little success... any time-slots during the day when they release fresh appointments?
I'm trying for this location as well. Have you managed to book it yet?

ar1234
Newly Registered

Post by ar1234 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:51 pm

juhi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 am
ar1234 wrote:
yes, I managed to get one for Sep-end. Would suggest you try the HCIL appointment link after 12 midnight IST. They refresh the slots for any cancellations and open new ones it seems

juhi

Post by juhi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:40 pm

ar1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:51 pm
juhi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 am
ar1234 wrote:
yes, I managed to get one for Sep-end. Would suggest you try the HCIL appointment link after 12 midnight IST. They refresh the slots for any cancellations and open new ones it seems
Thank you, followed your instructions and at sharp 12 IST got the appointment!
Now thinking to book an appointment for OCI as well so as soon as we receive certificate (assuming the processing time to be 10--15 days time may be ) we can go for it.

Harveykhamb16

Post by Harveykhamb16 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:19 am

Hello Guys
Just trying to fill form for Surrender Certificate .Form take you to Indian MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS SITE.In which they ask you to fill Pincode and it does not accept UK Postcode ,State,District etc..I have filled out the form and left those above questions and took the print out.Is that acceptable at the time of Submission in the VFS ?...