ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in Certificate of Sponsorship!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

will including my home address cause visa sponsorship issues?

Post by Bloomkq8 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:44 pm

So I got a job and the company is sponsoring my student tier 4 visa to tier 2. They asked me for my information including my current address so they can include it on the cerificate of sponsorship. I told them my current home address.

Now the issue is, my landlady is extremely sketchy. She removed me from council system. She told them no one lives there probably to get out of paying council tax however, not only do i have prove that i have been paying her monthly since july (thats when she removed me and told me i can still stay just not answer doors) from my bank statements, but she also put bills on my name which she hasnt taken off yet (she did this without my consent or knowledge and just told me not to worry and just pay for my room rent and she will cover the rest. Told her many times but she didnt listen), on top of that she hasnt sent me any email telling me i need to leave or anything.

My only concern is, would the visa people or company solicitor cause problems for me? Do they contact councils to ask for information? My major concern is they would contact the council and ask for my details and if they council says they dont have any, that they would cause problems for my visa. However im not sure if they even contact like that. My friend told me they just take ur current address for information they dont look so much into it and if they ask and as long as i provide a copy of my utility bills and my bank statement that shows my address ill be okay.. but i dont know.

And yes i am moving out at the end of this month i am not dealing with her crap any longer.

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Question about previous addresses

Post by Bloomkq8 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:56 pm

I have to fill out my tier 2 visa application form but there is one issue. My previous landlady was a horrible woman who told the council by the end of June that no one lives in the property (to get out of paying council tax) at first i didn't understand it but in august, I finally understood what she did. I decided to move out immediately. The problem is, although I have found a new place, I don't know what I should put for my previous address end date. Should I keep it the end of June? Because she removed me from July 1st.. Or should I be honest and keep it as 15th august? I am worried that if I put the end of June they will ask me where was I staying for almost two months before I moved to this new job.. And if I put august, I am worried they will call council tax to confirm and reject my application for lying. I am so stressed and I don't know what to do. Do they even go so far into confirming how long I stayed in previous addresses? it really isn't my fault that she removed me..

I have evidence that I had been living there. My bank statement shows that I have been paying rent monthly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about previous addresses

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:59 pm

You are overthinking.

Don't lie in the form, simply state your addresses as required. No one is going to phone the council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Question about previous addresses

Post by Bloomkq8 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much for the comforting reply. Yea I tend to overthink a lot in such situations. I have severe anxiety and stress. Usually I am able to maintain it but when I am dealing with visa and legal documents, I start losing my mind and not eating food for days

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 travel history?

Post by Bloomkq8 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:22 pm

So i recently got a job and i am in the process of switching from tier 4 to tier 2. I have to provide travel history of 10 years.. I am a little confused as to how I can complete this section.
So i was brought up in a country on a dependant family visa of my dad. It remained that way until I was i finished university (which was abroad), now I dont know how to explain this part? Since I was born and brought up there but was under a dependant visa, how do I explain this? Also I traveled back and forth a lot during my university years. Do I need to enter travel date back and forth for each? Currently I have a passport that dates back to 2018.. the previous one I have dates back to 2013.. the application says i need to provide 10 years of travel history. How do i do that if I dont have the other passport? Also, I had a look and apparently I completed this section during my tier 4 student visa application too. What I did was just mention the start and end date of my overall stay in a different country for university.. I didnt provide details about coming back to the country every now and then and then flying back..im really confused how do i explain this section?

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Really need help with travel history question!

Post by Bloomkq8 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:26 pm

So when I applied to the UK as a student (postgrad) in 2019 from a different country where i was working, I filled out the travel history of 10 years but unlike some suggestions I read online. I didnt repeat the same country even if I traveled there multiple times.. for example I went for a visit in UAE in 2014.. and then in 2015 I went there as a student (undergrad) and stayed there till 2018 when i graduated. Now the thing is, during the time I was there, I was making trips back and forth to the country I went to UAE from where I was on a family visa. But i didnt mention that. I just mentioned I stayed in UAE for 3 years and that was it. And I got the visa.

Now i need to apply for sponsorship to tier 2, and i have to fill this out again, i have a few questions, am I supposed to fill out details of the country I was on family visa and then eventually work visa? Should I include the fact that I went to UAE as a tourist in 2014 even though my student application didnt mention that? Am I supposed to provide details about going back and forth while I was in UAE?

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

If your recent application contradicts your older successful one, could it be rejected?

Post by Bloomkq8 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm

When I applied as a student to the UK.. I had to fill out travel history of last 10 years. I went to this country (lets say country A) one time for tourism and other for study but I only included the period during which i was studying because I didnt think I had to include same country twice. I read from some posts here that you have to. But my application got approved. They didnt look so much into my travel history I think.

Now I got a job offer and I am switching to tier 2 visa and I have to fill out travel history again. Should I mention about the time I went to the country A as a tourist before I went as a student? Or will this contradict my previous student application and it will get rejected?

Bloomkq8
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Mistake in Certificate of Sponsorship!

Post by Bloomkq8 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:10 pm

My employer just issued me a ceriticate of sponsorship however, they got my country of birth and place of birth wrong.

Aside from that for the "Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the uk during the
period of approval" question they wrote Y.. even tho i do not have any plans to travel back during the time my visa is processing!!

Also, as for "Is the migrant a UK graduate & you have met the RLMT through a
graduate recruitment campaign?" They left this field blank..

Are these major issues? What can I do? I already informed the company about these mistakes but i am super stressed out now because my visa expires on 13th september i really dont have enough time to wait longer for new CoS!