ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Trip - Effect on Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fargas111
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Change of Trip - Effect on Schengen Visa

Post by fargas111 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Hi guys,

I am Lebanese and I was issued a Schengen Visa by the French embassy 2 years ago, right before the revolution erupted in our country and coinciding with the spread of COVID-19.

I had a trip planned to Paris but obviously had to cancel it for the above reasons.

This is not the first time I am issued a Schengen visa from France and other Schengen countries.

My current visa expires end of September and I don't have any foreseen trip to France before then. I have two questions:

1- If I don't use the visa and it expires, could that affect my application process for a new visa if I want to reapply in 2 months?

2- If I want to visit Cyprus with the current unused visa, will that constitute a problem - as I am using the French-issued visa to enter Cyprus and not France.

secret.simon

Re: Change of Trip - Effect on Schengen Visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:12 pm

fargas111 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:15 pm
2- If I want to visit Cyprus with the current unused visa, will that constitute a problem - as I am using the French-issued visa to enter Cyprus and not France.
Cyprus is a part of the EU, but it is not a part of the Schengen Zone. If you plan to visit Cyprus, you will need a separate Cypriot visa.

The closest Schengen country to Lebanon is Greece.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.