ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rickiclark
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by rickiclark » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:30 pm

how do you all stay patient? I'm worried that because my dear mother lied about her age on official documents, and that her birth certificate reads "baby" Rock ( my grandfather was away and my grandmother did not pick a name without him there I suppose. Rock is the surname) and does not actually have her first name on it, that there will be a problem. This is my second application, as they needed the complete marriage certificate and license of my parents. It's been quite a challenge getting all of it over there to Dublin, twice, and I am so impatient today. Other days are better! but I keep seeing dates after mine getting all these notifications and I become discouraged. Sorry for the downer note here. Perhaps there's good new coming in September for us all. Cheers and good luck everyone :)
(03OCT19)

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm

FBR Unit,

PO Box 13003,

Balbriggan,

Co. Dublin,

Ireland Hello everyone, I need help. Is this the address for submitting documents?

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by circlethewagons12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:11 pm

They are still recommending not to send in your documents on the website

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/born-abr ... gn-birth/

But that is the address that I sent my application to in August/2019

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:30 pm

circlethewagons12 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Fbr asked me to re submit a copy of my birth certificate. Is this the address??

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:50 pm

The email they sent you, read the bottom of it. Sometimes they ask only for a scan. Dis they ask you to confirm your address too?

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by circlethewagons12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:22 pm

maishun wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:30 pm
circlethewagons12 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Fbr asked me to re submit a copy of my birth certificate. Is this the address??
Yes that is the correct address you have

monterey21
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by monterey21 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:52 pm

rickiclark
My grandmother lied about her age and my mother was named baby also!!!

monterey21
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by monterey21 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 pm

rickiclark wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:30 pm
how do you all stay patient? I'm worried that because my dear mother lied about her age on official documents, and that her birth certificate reads "baby" Rock ( my grandfather was away and my grandmother did not pick a name without him there I suppose. Rock is the surname) and does not actually have her first name on it, that there will be a problem. This is my second application, as they needed the complete marriage certificate and license of my parents. It's been quite a challenge getting all of it over there to Dublin, twice, and I am so impatient today. Other days are better! but I keep seeing dates after mine getting all these notifications and I become discouraged. Sorry for the downer note here. Perhaps there's good new coming in September for us all. Cheers and good luck everyone :)
(03OCT19)
Rickiclark
My grandmother lied about her birthdate and my mother was named baby on her birth certificate!
I wonder what will happen when they review the paperwork?

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:34 am

monterey21 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 pm
rickiclark wrote:
(03OCT19)
Rickiclark
My grandmother lied about her birthdate and my mother was named baby on her birth certificate!
Don't be afraid of failure, send the documents

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:25 am

maishun wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:34 am
monterey21 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 pm
rickiclark wrote:
(03OCT19)
Rickiclark
Don't be afraid of failure, send the documents
My grandmother lied about her age when she got married so she was listed as nine years younger than she actually was compared to her birth certificate. It was the only discrepancy in my documents and it wasn’t even questioned and I’m now an Irish citizen.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:19 am

My grandfather lied about his age, making himself 3 years older than his real age. My great granny Bridget lied about her age too! The genealogist who helped me told me that this was quite a common practice back in the day for various different reasons. Ooh only 3 days and I will actually be in Ireland. :D

Geosuzie2
Newly Registered
France

Post by Geosuzie2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, July 2019 applicant.
I received my ‘congratulations your certificate is in the post’ email at the end of April 2021 but I’ve yet to receive it. I’m concerned that my documents may have gone astray, especially since i’ve read that some of you have recently received your certificates after being added to FBR much later than April.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Suzie

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Didnt they include a tracking code? It seems they always send a tracking code when the post it. I heard of people who got registered much, much earlier than the congrats email. Usually on same day of address confirmation, they would have actually entered you into their database

Geosuzie2
Newly Registered
France

Post by Geosuzie2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Fbrlad wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:53 pm
Didnt they include a tracking code? It seems they always send a tracking code when the post it. I heard of people who got registered much, much earlier than the congrats email. Usually on same day of address confirmation, they would have actually entered you into their database
Hi Fbrlad, thank you for your post, no, didn’t receive a tracking code. Hopefully that means it hasn’t actually been sent yet.

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:45 am

Geosuzie2 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:52 pm
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, July 2019 applicant.
I received my ‘congratulations your certificate is in the post’ email at the end of April 2021 but I’ve yet to receive it. I’m concerned that my documents may have gone astray, especially since i’ve read that some of you have recently received your certificates after being added to FBR much later than April.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Suzie
My update didn’t include tracking info - not sure how they send it, but it was ultimately fulfilled by USPS. I was actually very surprised when my certificate made it to California six days later.

Would definitely try to contact them about this. If your “address confirmation” email included an individual name, perhaps reach out to them? I know the “congrats” email comes from a no-reply address.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:01 pm

I also got confirm your address 3 weeks ago but never got the congrats email.. seems its all random

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:39 am

Fbrlad wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:01 pm
I also got confirm your address 3 weeks ago but never got the congrats email.. seems its all random
While it can vary wildly, it took me 36 days (just over 5 weeks) after “address confirmation” to receive the congratulations message.

Some people never received a congrats email but still received their certificate plus docs.

That said, receiving the congratulations email but no docs (within 2 weeks of said email) is something I’d inquire about.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:11 am

dolewhip wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:39 am
Fbrlad wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:01 pm
While it can vary wildly, it took me 36 days (just over 5 weeks) after “address confirmation” to receive the congratulations message.

Some people never received a congrats email but still received their certificate plus docs.

That said, receiving the congratulations email but no docs (within 2 weeks of said email) is something I’d inquire about.
Thats true. Some applications are even processed in cork! Total shambles. The problem is lack of access to FBR. No phone or email or letter answers. I suppose if the application has no status, it is less stressful.. at least we would believe its still on the shelf rather than worrying about postage issues

kwong22
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kwong22 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Update! My FBR has finally arrived!! I found it strange that I got no tracking number or email saying my FBR was printed/being shipped, nonetheless it was a great surprise when I got home from work! Now to apply for my passport, which should hopefully take a lot less time.

Sept. 22, 2019 - Online Application + Fees Paid
Oct. 21, 2019 - Documents Mailed
Nov. 5, 2019 - Email Confirmation of Documents
July 1, 2021 - Application Approved, Email to Confirm Mailing Address
Aug 23, 2021 - FBR and documents arrived!

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:46 pm

kwong22 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:16 pm
Update! My FBR has finally arrived!! I found it strange that I got no tracking number or email saying my FBR was printed/being shipped, nonetheless it was a great surprise when I got home from work! Now to apply for my passport, which should hopefully take a lot less time.

Congrats! I suppose there is no need to get an email about shipment if you already for “approved” email in July.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:08 pm

By the way, was it registered mail or just normal letter?

kwong22
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kwong22 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:19 pm

Fbrlad wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:08 pm
By the way, was it registered mail or just normal letter?
It was registered. Nobody signed for it though, the postman just put it through the mail slot :lol:

Edinburghlass
Newly Registered

Post by Edinburghlass » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:36 pm

kwong22 wrote:

Congrats! By your timings, my 2 kids will get their FBR applications processed in about another 12 months :) In for the long haul........

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:52 pm

kwong22 wrote:

Congrats!

jgclancy

Lonza1878
Newly Registered

Post by Lonza1878 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:23 am

Hey All,

Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm curious about what the IFBR teams actually check on application? Does anyone know? For example, do they get in touch with the registers of births, marriages and deaths to see if your certificates are not fakes for example?

I'm just wondered why it takes so long (COVID aside)...

Cheers