ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Student visa from Spouse visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shuyuuuu
Newly Registered

Switching to Student visa from Spouse visa

Post by shuyuuuu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 pm

Hello,

Hope you are all doing well! I have some questions about switching to student visa from Spouse visa which I am currently on with the expiry date of mid 2023.

Due to personal reasons, I want to do a course next year and switch to student visa and apply for PSW after to qualify 10 years long residence visa application.

Please see my questions below:

1. Do I have to receive the student visa decision (or receive BRP) before my course starts next year? Or I can just submit the application online as long as before the course starts(eg. a day before my course starts)? (The advised timeline is 8 weeks but if I don't receive a decision by the time the course starts, will this affect my eligibility of applying for psw after the course is done?)

from the gov site, it says "you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa" as eligibility, so if there are delays of getting the visa approved to meet the course start date, will there be effect on applying PSW visa?

2. It might be a stupid question, but I am looking to apply for 10 years permanent residence visa around end of 2024, just wondering will this visa be affected by brexit? Or we will get heads up if the government wants to cancel the 10 years long residence route?

Much appreciated for this!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching to Student visa from Spouse visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:22 pm

shuyuuuu wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 pm
1. Do I have to receive the student visa decision (or receive BRP) before my course starts next year?
No.
shuyuuuu wrote:
The advised timeline is 8 weeks but if I don't receive a decision by the time the course starts, will this affect my eligibility of applying for psw after the course is done?
See the Graduate Route Caseworker Guidance, page 11.
shuyuuuu wrote:
2. It might be a stupid question, but I am looking to apply for 10 years permanent residence visa around end of 2024, just wondering will this visa be affected by brexit?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.