ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fbrlad
Aruba

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Fbrlad » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:44 pm

All papers come stamped etc.. i suppose their job is to sleep on papers for a year, and on last week of the year they open the documents and match against a checklist.. if all matches then happy days.. for complex ones, they roll a dice. Hard to believe fbr is serious work unless papers are dated to before 1928 or whenever the national library went on fire

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:51 pm

And before anybody back fires: there are many ppl here who have documents made in past 2 years and they are still waiting. Example: naturalised dad in 2018, his daughter born 2 months later in UK.. what is complex about it to cross 2 years or get “verified”? Nothing! Why all that “complex work”? So they just dont look fast and efficient and we start to expect even more from them. Typical public irish servants.

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:33 pm

Lonza1878 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:23 am
I'm just wondered why it takes so long (COVID aside)...
Given that the FBR section was closed and staff re-deployed for most of the past 2 years, asking that question is a bit like asking 'why hasn't Beethoven made any good tunes recently (death aside)...?'
Fbrlad wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:51 pm
So they just dont look fast and efficient and we start to expect even more from them. Typical public irish servants.
And right on cue, here's someone to answer that with 'because the late Beethoven is a typical lazy German composer.'

Lonza1878
Newly Registered

Post by Lonza1878 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:45 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:33 pm
Lonza1878 wrote:
Given that the FBR section was closed and staff re-deployed for most of the past 2 years, asking that question is a bit like asking 'why hasn't Beethoven made any good tunes recently (death aside)...?'
Fbrlad wrote:
So they just dont look fast and efficient and we start to expect even more from them. Typical public irish servants.
And right on cue, here's someone to answer that with 'because the late Beethoven is a typical lazy German composer.'
Er... no its not, as stated in my question "COVID aside". You know what that means right?

Lonza1878
Newly Registered

Post by Lonza1878 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:45 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:33 pm
Lonza1878 wrote:
Fbrlad wrote:
Er... no its not, as stated in my question "COVID aside". You know what that means right?

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 pm

Lonza1878 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:45 pm
Your reply indicates you're not good with analogies, so I'll dispense with the clever stuff and give you a very literal, prosaic answer to the question you were asking:

Prior to the Covid19 pandemic, the processing time for FBR had reached the 18 month mark, primarily because of the increased demand following Brexit. So, 'aside' from the fact that the FBR offices were closed for nearly 2 years and staff redeployed, I'd say the reason processing is now taking 2 years could be anything. Maybe one of the staff spotted a squirrel? Or perhaps one of their biros ran out? Hard to say without an insider to spill the beans.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:37 pm

Ok

Lonza1878
Newly Registered

Post by Lonza1878 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 pm
Lonza1878 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:45 pm
Your reply indicates you're not good with analogies, so I'll dispense with the clever stuff and give you a very literal, prosaic answer to the question you were asking:

Prior to the Covid19 pandemic, the processing time for FBR had reached the 18 month mark, primarily because of the increased demand following Brexit. So, 'aside' from the fact that the FBR offices were closed for nearly 2 years and staff redeployed, I'd say the reason processing is now taking 2 years could be anything. Maybe one of the staff spotted a squirrel? Or perhaps one of their biros ran out? Hard to say without an insider to spill the beans.
Your response indicates you have ALOT of time on your hands to be obtuse. Anyway - as you have nothing of value to say, I will leave you to it.

Timbomalcom
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Timbomalcom » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:48 pm

Latest ... maybe someone put this earlier ... https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4657671

So a full work schedule at the FBR offices begins in earnest from 20th September according to the Taoiseach. Hoorah!

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:02 pm

Timbomalcom wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:48 pm
Latest ... maybe someone put this earlier ... https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4657671

So a full work schedule at the FBR offices begins in earnest from 20th September according to the Taoiseach. Hoorah!
I had missed this, so thanks for the update!

It seems suitably vague and open to interpretation, like all good political updates :)

PeteK
Newly Registered

Post by PeteK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm

Anyone get a confirmation of address phone call? had one yesterday and the lady told me at the same time she would be approving my application that afternoon. Told me to expect certificate in about 4 weeks, but I'm sure that will be a bit longer.

Docs received in Balbriggan: 12 Nov 19
Confirmation of address phone call: 30 Aug 21

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm

PeteK wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm
Anyone get a confirmation of address phone call? had one yesterday and the lady told me at the same time she would be approving my application that afternoon. Told me to expect certificate in about 4 weeks, but I'm sure that will be a bit longer.

Usually an email, but maybe their email system is not working hence she called. At least someone was bothered to call you 🤣

Congrats man!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:48 pm

PeteK wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm

I would have far preferred a phone call over an email! 4 weeks seems to be about the going time from address confirmation to getting certificate nowadays. Seems like they've begun to get it together at the FBR finally.

Congrats....jgclancy

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:01 am

Hello, everyone. What phone number do you fill in when you send international express to FBR?

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 am

I'm in trouble. I need to send the express to FBR again, but the express company asked me to fill in the recipient's phone number. Whose phone number should I fill in?

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:11 am

maishun wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 am
I'm in trouble. I need to send the express to FBR again, but the express company asked me to fill in the recipient's phone number. Whose phone number should I fill in?
They are same to passport dept. Google it. Done it before and worked perfectly.

They never call them, its just a requirement if they couldnt deliver.

Why they asked you to redo the application?!?

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:34 am

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 pm
Sooze wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:26 am
20 months in from application and not heard a thing other than original confirmation. Seeing people gone past 2 years now is slightly depressing!
Don't worry Sooze, if you got the original confirmation you should be nearing the final stages of the application cycle now. You'll hear something a lot sooner than me - and rightfully so if you've been waiting all that time! I've got an allotment and am going to Ireland so am happy to wait now. I've calmed right down!

Regards,

Flatcap
Thanks Flatcap, enjoy the allotment while you wait - hope you've got a kettle in your shed!

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 am

jgclancy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm
And my FBR certificate has arrived.

Application : 24 Jun 2019
Confirmation docs received: 27 Jun 2019
Confirmation of address email: 14 December 2020
2nd Confirmation of Address email: 12 July 2021
Congratulations email : 12 August 2021
Cert received: Aug 23 2021/ with original documents.

Came last night right after my late post here. The USPS Informed Delivery still has it as: In route to another facility LOL no mention it's been delivered

The certificate date is Dec 16 2020 ----so it was in limbo for 8 months after the first address confirmation.

Next step---the passport/passport card. Hope that's less than 2 months. :)

Good Luck To All---things are moving again --- get vaccinated so Delta doesn't shut it all down again

jgclancy
Congratulations on finally getting there! :D

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:37 am

dolewhip wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:43 am
Have an update on my end as well!

Application submitted online: 7th October 2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 24th October 2019
Confirmation of address email: 13th July 2021 (Team 1)
Congratulations email: 18th August 2021
Certificate received: 24th August 2021

My official "date of entry" on the FBR is also 13/7/21 (same day as address confirmation), which is cool. Can't believe I've been a citizen for over a month!
and congratulations to you too dolewhip!

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:51 am

Congratulations to everyone else who has had their FBR finalised - I'm very jealous. Mine isn't for me but for my two children. I've had a passport for years.

It's funny reading how many relatives lied about their ages. My mum's birth cert and passport have different dates but same month and year but also she has a different maiden name on her birth, marriage and my birth certificates!!! What on earth is going on there then? I am hoping that this was a fairly standard thing back in the day (probably people miswriting her name when she came here!), they issued my passport without a hitch so I'm guessing (praying) this won't be a problem for the kids! :?

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:21 am

Sooze wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:51 am
Congratulations to everyone else who has had their FBR finalised - I'm very jealous. Mine isn't for me but for my two children. I've had a passport for years.

It's funny reading how many relatives lied about their ages. My mum's birth cert and passport have different dates but same month and year but also she has a different maiden name on her birth, marriage and my birth certificates!!! What on earth is going on there then? I am hoping that this was a fairly standard thing back in the day (probably people miswriting her name when she came here!), they issued my passport without a hitch so I'm guessing (praying) this won't be a problem for the kids! :?

Your route is slightly longer cos the moment they are happy about your application, they will ask you to submit new photos then ask you again to confirm the address.. this is an extra 6 weeks on avg

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:39 am

Fbrlad wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:21 am
Sooze wrote:

Your route is slightly longer cos the moment they are happy about your application, they will ask you to submit new photos then ask you again to confirm the address.. this is an extra 6 weeks on avg
Is that because the children will have aged since I sent the last lot of photos?

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:47 am

Fbrlad wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:11 am
maishun wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 am
They are same to passport dept. Google it. Done it before and worked perfectly.

They never call them, its just a requirement if they couldnt deliver.

Why they asked you to redo the application?!?
They lost my father's birth certificate

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am

Sooze wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:39 am
Fbrlad wrote:
Sooze wrote:

Is that because the children will have aged since I sent the last lot of photos?
Yes - the change a lot lookwise.

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:58 am

Fbrlad wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:49 am
Sooze wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:39 am
Fbrlad wrote:
Sooze wrote:

Yes - the change a lot lookwise.
<sigh> oh well, what's another six weeks. Do they need to be witnessed again?