ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Re: Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Post by Chap1122 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Congratulations

BraveHeart911
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BraveHeart911 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:46 pm
Pgm888 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:04 pm
Can I please ask a question. I live in the US. Applying for a passport with my FBR. Its asking for a government issued photo ID. Obviously I do not want to send the original. Can I make a copy and have it notarized? Also, can I send a copy of my US Passport notarized?

Thank You!!!!!
Yes. A certified copy of passport is accepted. Just to note that only the passport can be a certified copy. All other documents (proofs of address, birth certificates etc) must be originals.
Excuse my question, is that based on a personal experience , someone you know of or a guess?....I've sent a certified copy of my biometrics (native passport ) witnessed and stamped by Gardi and I could not find someone yet who managed to get his/her passport.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:06 pm

BraveHeart911 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 pm
littlerr wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:46 pm
Pgm888 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:04 pm
Can I please ask a question. I live in the US. Applying for a passport with my FBR. Its asking for a government issued photo ID. Obviously I do not want to send the original. Can I make a copy and have it notarized? Also, can I send a copy of my US Passport notarized?

Thank You!!!!!
Yes. A certified copy of passport is accepted. Just to note that only the passport can be a certified copy. All other documents (proofs of address, birth certificates etc) must be originals.
Excuse my question, is that based on a personal experience , someone you know of or a guess?....I've sent a certified copy of my biometrics (native passport ) witnessed and stamped by Gardi and I could not find someone yet who managed to get his/her passport.
That has always been acceptable. If you talk to their web chat, you can get the same message from them.

I don’t think ‘witnessed and stamped by Gardai’ can be considered truly ‘certified’ though. They do not have the power to act as a notary. They would usually have to be certified or notarised by either a solicitor or your embassy. Whether the passport office will accept such documents would be up to them.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:08 am

Updating:

Online application: 24th May 2021
Documents received: 11th June 2021
Status changed to 'processing': 14th June 2021
Estimated issue date: 16th July 2021
Awaiting documentation: 19th August (witness couldn't be contacted
Resubmitted: 24th August
Received identity documents back: 31st August

New identity document was delivered yesterday, but status tracker not updated yet. Still on alert - awaiting documentation.

maieboard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by maieboard » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 am

Online application: 22nd June 2021
Documents received: 28th June 2021 (tracker turned to 'processing')
Estimated issue date: 19th July 2021
Status changed to Printing: 23rd August (2months 1day)
Received passport book by registered post: 25th August

Waiting for Supporting Documents submitted along with application: 3weeks after dispatching passport(from Web chat)

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:05 pm

I had a chat with the customer service this afternoon about the progress of my application. My timeline is 2 months and 3 days currently and I've been told my documents were scanned on July 7th. Funny cos 2 weeks ago I was told my documents were scanned on August 3rd. Anyhow, I was told there is a more thorough checking of documents after scanning and this will put my printing date to end of August to mid September time range.

An hour later I received an email stating I need to resubmit my original birth cert. I already did that and they want it again. It was the same birth cert I provided for my citizenship application :) And guess what? Once your reply is received and the issue is resolved, we will aim to process your application within the standard turnaround time.

Std TAT is 40 business days :D I have the feeling either they lost my birth cert or there is an incompetent person checked my application. I understand they are understaffed but also making a mistake and make people wait double the time they are supposed to is something unacceptable for any individual.

I will try to talk to them on the phone but I guess there is nothing more for me to send the same birth cert once again. Of course I need to go to the embassy first :lol:

Summer2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Summer2021 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:13 am

My timeline for first time passport application through naturalisation.

Applied online on the 2nd of July
Docs received on the 6th July and same day the tracker changed to processing.
Estimated issue date 27/07/2021
Received my own documents back on the 23rd of August.
40 working day is completed now by the tracker still says processing.

luj608
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by luj608 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:22 am

hako wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:05 pm
I had a chat with the customer service this afternoon about the progress of my application. My timeline is 2 months and 3 days currently and I've been told my documents were scanned on July 7th. Funny cos 2 weeks ago I was told my documents were scanned on August 3rd. Anyhow, I was told there is a more thorough checking of documents after scanning and this will put my printing date to end of August to mid September time range.

An hour later I received an email stating I need to resubmit my original birth cert. I already did that and they want it again. It was the same birth cert I provided for my citizenship application :) And guess what? Once your reply is received and the issue is resolved, we will aim to process your application within the standard turnaround time.

Std TAT is 40 business days :D I have the feeling either they lost my birth cert or there is an incompetent person checked my application. I understand they are understaffed but also making a mistake and make people wait double the time they are supposed to is something unacceptable for any individual.

I will try to talk to them on the phone but I guess there is nothing more for me to send the same birth cert once again. Of course I need to go to the embassy first :lol:
I had the same issue. They requested birth certificate as original, and told them I used the same birth cert for citizenship and getting married in Ireland and I was accepted.

I had to work with my embassy to write a letter to certify it's indeed an original document.

Good luck

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 pm

luj608 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:22 am
hako wrote:

I had the same issue. They requested birth certificate as original, and told them I used the same birth cert for citizenship and getting married in Ireland and I was accepted.

I had to work with my embassy to write a letter to certify it's indeed an original document.

Good luck
Yeah, same here. Accepted my birth cert for citizenship but the same one is no good for passport :) I went to the embassy and got a new one dated today. if they still don't accept then Im sorry but I can't do much. I had a connect with the support and unfortunately the process will take some more time. I assume another 40 business days. But I will push them via online chat every week to pressure them about it cos 80 business days of waiting for a passport is completely insane.

ausswe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ausswe » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:51 pm

Just going off the above conversation. For those who have received your passports, have you sent in your original passport or an original ID with your application?

I have also sent a certified copy of my passport but talking with the web chat today, they mentioned that it has to be an original Passport or ID sent in with your application or a certified copy of your driving license. But in other forums I have read that people got their passport by only providing a certified copy of the passport.

Sorry, a little bit confused with all the differing information.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:57 pm

hako wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 pm
luj608 wrote:
hako wrote:

Good luck
Yeah, same here. Accepted my birth cert for citizenship but the same one is no good for passport :) I went to the embassy and got a new one dated today. if they still don't accept then Im sorry but I can't do much. I had a connect with the support and unfortunately the process will take some more time. I assume another 40 business days. But I will push them via online chat every week to pressure them about it cos 80 business days of waiting for a passport is completely insane.
May I know which embassy? I have sent my actual original birth certificate issued during my birth..But That has initial instead of surname which is common in South India. But that was accepted for Citizenship application . Now I M worried I might facce same problem

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:55 pm

ssireland wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:57 pm
hako wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 pm
luj608 wrote:
hako wrote:

Good luck
May I know which embassy? I have sent my actual original birth certificate issued during my birth..But That has initial instead of surname which is common in South India. But that was accepted for Citizenship application . Now I M worried I might facce same problem
It's the embassy of Turkey. Not sure how things work out for South India birth certs..... If you reach to your 40 business days I'd suggest you to push them to give you an answer.

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 pm

Update
Applied in July and after 42 working days got email to resubmit identity verification form along with Birth identify documents from My Home country.
New photo is asked for as well.
I will sent all again but it's really frustrating.

Will it reset my clock to standard time ?
Can I do something to expedite

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi Chap1122
What birth document are they asking .
Why are they asking for identity verification form again ?did they give you a reason ?

amstillwaiting
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by amstillwaiting » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:05 pm

hako wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:55 pm
It's the embassy of Turkey. Not sure how things work out for South India birth certs..... If you reach to your 40 business days I'd suggest you to push them to give you an answer.
Does the Turkish birth certificate that you sent have any references to it having legal validity and the name/role of whom issued it? I'm getting anxious they may do the same with my birth certificate - it's not "original" but it's issued by the city where I was born and it contains all the information I mentioned.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:10 pm

ausswe wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:51 pm
Just going off the above conversation. For those who have received your passports, have you sent in your original passport or an original ID with your application? I have also sent a certified copy of my passport but talking with the web chat today, they mentioned that it has to be an original Passport or ID sent in with your application or a certified copy of your driving license. But in other forums I have read that people got their passport by only providing a certified copy of the passport.
The safest is to send the original passport. Certified copy may not be accepted for this reason or another.
If that happens the process will take another 40 working days as if it was a new application.

Summer2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Summer2021 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Update

- Applied online 2nd July
Docs received and changed to processing 6th July

- Pushback received from their side today saying the Identity Verification Form was not correctly recorded in Garda Logbook. Saying to reprint the form and refill by Garda.
- Requesting 2 more documents…

At the end of the email says it will be processed again within the turnaround time.

I hope Garda has correctly recorded this time and his present in office when they call, if not I will be heading to 6 months looking for passport.

JayL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JayL » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:58 am

My full timeline below for reference:

First Time Passport Application
Online Application submitted on: 23rd June 2021
Documents received on: 30th June 2021
40 working days completed on: 26th Aug 2021
Passport Book printing: 30th Aug 2021
Passport Book received: 01st Sept 2021
Passport Card printing: 01st Sept 2021
Passport Card received: 03rd Sept 2021
Documents will be delivered in 15 working days.

My journey ends here. Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their passports! :)

ausswe
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ausswe » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:55 am

JayL wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:58 am

My journey ends here. Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their passports! :)
Congrats on the journey!

Did you send off an original passport or ID or use a certified copy?

JayL
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JayL » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am

ausswe wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:55 am
JayL wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:58 am

Congrats on the journey!

Did you send off an original passport or ID or use a certified copy?
I sent my original passport.

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Applied first week of july
estimated time : 29 july.
Received an email after two moths asking extra documents which they never mention before.
1. My national Id card which is not in english (any Solution guys)? should i send it it as it is or get a translation and attested?
and looking for family registration certificate by birth.
2. Proof of address which i already send my bank statement ( PDF online bank statement)
3. Proof of name again i already send.
Bank statement has to be original ( by post) or pdf file (online ) will be fine?
Thanks,
I have plane to attend wedding ceremony in 5 weeks time any idea how i can expedite the process.

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:00 pm

Hi Virgo what's your nationality because on the website they just asked for your original passport and birth certificate ? It's strange they are asking you for these documents

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:14 am

Hi do they reset timings to zero once they ask more/xtra dox for first timers

Khan 786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Khan 786 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi , just to give update to all Pakistani National, I apply for my first time passport on 15 April 21, got email to provide pak nadra ID card ( original) on 1 July 21. Got passport 15 august n post ..

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:14 am

Khan 786 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:07 pm
Hi , just to give update to all Pakistani National, I apply for my first time passport on 15 April 21, got email to provide pak nadra ID card ( original) on 1 July 21. Got passport 15 august n post ..
AoA khan 786,
They asked me fo FRC and national id card after two months even they never mentioned these kinda docs. Right now i am holding my national id card in urdu as i haven't got the overseas one. is it ok if i sent this standard id card ?