ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Vin34
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Vin34 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:11 am

Congratulations I think,it will come after 7 to 10days

Big toe
Newly Registered

Post by Big toe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:19 am

Mrsdoc wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Mum’s Pre-Settled COA dated 02/06/2021 and no decision to this day.
Got my COA same dayas your mum 02/06....please let me know when ypur decision comes through
Thank you.

jjpmcat
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jjpmcat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:52 am

Hi Everyone.

I wanted to check if anyone knows what month the UK Gov are processing now? I am an NI Citizen with an Irish passport and I applied for my husbands EEA on 15th June. Our timeline is as below:

Biometrics: 15/06/2021
Received by processing centre: 16/06/2021
Additioanl info requested: 19/06/2021 & submitted on 24/06/2021
Received email to confirm that the visa wasn't as straightforward and would take longer to process.

To this day we haven't received any more information on the visa process.

Would anyone be able to advise?

Edrees94
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Edrees94 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 am

jjpmcat wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:52 am
Hi Everyone.

I wanted to check if anyone knows what month the UK Gov are processing now? I am an NI Citizen with an Irish passport and I applied for my husbands EEA on 15th June. Our timeline is as below:

Received email to confirm that the visa wasn't as straightforward and would take longer to process.

The best option will be to contact eu resulotion
Centre and ask your local mp for help
Or to chase the case for you but i would say
The waiting times for all non eu nationals
Depends and can be long delay in it
I waited almost 7 to 8 months to i got my decision
The one thing helped was call resultion centre
Asked them i wanna talk to their supervisor when i spoke to her explain the situation and she was helpfull told she would escalate my application and i got a decision next week or talking to her so basically it depends and its by case by case basis

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:12 pm

Big toe wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:19 am
Mrsdoc wrote:
Got my COA same dayas your mum 02/06....please let me know when ypur decision comes through
Thank you.
Yes, of course! It’s been 4 months since my mom’s application submission now and no update 😳. I’ve sent two complaints so far and no response either.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:17 pm

Edrees94 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:05 am
Finally thank god got my pre settle status today applied 21st january 2021
Biometrics : 18 feberuary
Coa : 3rd of May
Decision letter pre settle granted
1 September
I havent been told on the letter about the brp card
Is there someone know do we get the brp without applying for one because the letter says i can prove
My right to work and my status on using the homeoffice online service gov.uk but still need a brp to travel or going out of the country is there someone to calrify or have any information what can i do to get a brp card thank u x
Don’t worry about your BRP card, it will come in the post a few days time. When I got my settled status I was wondering the same and just assumed I’d have to get a shared code for when it might needed but after a few days I had my new shiny BRP card posted to me. Hope it’ll helps.

sosa7

Post by sosa7 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:19 pm

I think Most applications take 3.5 months from the date of your COA.And they are currently on May applicants.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Did you request your MP to intervene on your behalf ?
Do they (MP) make any difference in the processing of the applications?
Thanks

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Mrsdoc wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:17 pm
Edrees94 wrote:
1 September
Is there someone know do we get the brp without applying for one because the letter says i can prove
My right to work and my status on using the homeoffice online service gov.uk but still need a brp to travel or going out of the country is there someone to calrify or have any information what can i do to get a brp card thank u x
Don’t worry about your BRP card, it will come in the post a few days time. When I got my settled status I was wondering the same and just assumed I’d have to get a shared code for when it might be needed but after a few days I had my new shiny BRP card posted to me. Hope it helps.
Also, if you don’t mind me asking. Did you submit any evidences of your residency in the UK? I got my mum on the EUSS FP and applied for her pre-settled on the 12th of May 2021. We supplied all residential evidence of an EU sponsor but wasn’t able to supply anything for my mum as she only recently arrived. We did however submit some more additional documents for her as soon as we got her registered with a GP and opened a bank account for her.
I’m not sure if it’s a requirement as some say that you only need to show a passport and an entry stamp.

jjpmcat
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jjpmcat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Mrsdoc wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:16 pm
Mrsdoc wrote:
Edrees94 wrote:
1 September
Don’t worry about your BRP card, it will come in the post a few days time. When I got my settled status I was wondering the same and just assumed I’d have to get a shared code for when it might be needed but after a few days I had my new shiny BRP card posted to me. Hope it helps.
Also, if you don’t mind me asking. Did you submit any evidences of your residency in the UK? I got my mum on the EUSS FP and applied for her pre-settled on the 12th of May 2021. We supplied all residential evidence of an EU sponsor but wasn’t able to supply anything for my mum as she only recently arrived. We did however submit some more additional documents for her as soon as we got her registered with a GP and opened a bank account for her.
I’m not sure if it’s a requirement as some say that you only need to show a passport and an entry stamp.
I submitted my tenancy agreement, my payslips for the past seven months for Northern Ireland, bank statements from my NI bank for the past 12 months and some utility bills addressed in my name along with a letter from my employer confirming my employment. I also submitted my father's birth certificate to confirm he was a citizen of NI / UK at the time of my birth. I also submitted my marriage cert, too. I'm hoping this suffice what they need.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:23 pm

jjpmcat wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:00 pm
Mrsdoc wrote:
Mrsdoc wrote:
Edrees94 wrote:
1 September
I submitted my tenancy agreement, my payslips for the past seven months for Northern Ireland, bank statements from my NI bank for the past 12 months and some utility bills addressed in my name along with a letter from my employer confirming my employment. I also submitted my father's birth certificate to confirm he was a citizen of NI / UK at the time of my birth. I also submitted my marriage cert, too. I'm hoping this suffice what they need.
Thanks for the reply, jjpmcat. But are you a sponsor yourself ? I’m assuming you have sponsored your NONEU family member hence you supplied all the documents you’ve mentioned.My husband is also a Relevant person of Northern Ireland and we have submitted almost 8 years of residency evidences alongside his and his father’s birth certificates confirming they were born in Northern Ireland in order to sponsor my mother’s Pre-Settled application.
I’m hoping it’s more than enough but as I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve seen on this forum that actual applicants (NONEU) would submit proof of address (GP letters, bank letters) for their Pre settled status application. Or am I missing something ?

jjpmcat
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jjpmcat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:07 am

Mrsdoc wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:23 pm
jjpmcat wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:00 pm
Mrsdoc wrote:
Mrsdoc wrote:
Edrees94 wrote:
1 September
Thanks for the reply, jjpmcat. But are you a sponsor yourself ? I’m assuming you have sponsored your NONEU family member hence you supplied all the documents you’ve mentioned.My husband is also a Relevant person of Northern Ireland and we have submitted almost 8 years of residency evidences alongside his and his father’s birth certificates confirming they were born in Northern Ireland in order to sponsor my mother’s Pre-Settled application.
I’m hoping it’s more than enough but as I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve seen on this forum that actual applicants (NONEU) would submit proof of address (GP letters, bank letters) for their Pre settled status application. Or am I missing something ?
Hi. Morning. As we were originally living in Republic of Ireland before I relocated back to Northern Ireland due to Covid, I supplied all the documents and financial statements as I was the sponsor. We also lived overseas in Asia prior to 2018 which was when we moved back to NI/ Ireland. I was under the impression that I as being a Relevant person of Northern Ireland I would have to supply all the documents necessary for his visa application?

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:46 am

Thank you jjpmcat,
Yes, as an EU National yourself it’s a requirement for all the documents you submitted for your husband/partner application, that’s what my husband also has done. I’m not sure about the financial part you’ve mentioned as as far as I know for the EUSS scheme you don’t need to provide proof of finances as opposed to the “financial requirement “ of a regular British family visa.
Have you received a decision yet and how long you have been waiting?

jjpmcat
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jjpmcat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:08 am

Hello Mrsdoc

We haven't received a decision yet. The application was passed to the decision making centre on 15th June. I did receive an email from UKVI Surveys asking us to complete a quick 10 min survey to assess how we found the experience which I found strange as we haven't received a decision, yet.

Yes you are correct - while making the application we didn't actually have to provide any financial documents or proof, however as I wanted to ensure the applicantion go smooth I submitted my bank statements along with monthy payslips etc.

Am I right in thinking that if the visa is granted it is a five year visa?

Thank you for your reply

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:20 am

jjpmcat wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:08 am
Hello Mrsdoc

We haven't received a decision yet. The application was passed to the decision making centre on 15th June. I did receive an email from UKVI Surveys asking us to complete a quick 10 min survey to assess how we found the experience which I found strange as we haven't received a decision, yet.

Yes you are correct - while making the application we didn't actually have to provide any financial documents or proof, however as I wanted to ensure the applicantion go smooth I submitted my bank statements along with monthy payslips etc.

Am I right in thinking that if the visa is granted it is a five year visa?

Thank you for your reply
Yes,Pre-Settled status is granted for 5 years and once it’s completed it makes an applicant eligible to apply for Settled Status which is equivalent of the indefinite leave to remain in the UK and if you’re a British citizen then your partner can immediately apply for a British Citizenship as soon as he/she gets their Settled Status.

Note: I am not an Immigration adviser.

jjpmcat
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jjpmcat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:54 am

Thank you for your reply and help. Hopefully we both hear something soon regarding the applications.

afolagkusod
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by afolagkusod » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Edrees94 wrote:
1 September
Congrats! Please is your sponsor a close family or extended? and when did you enter UK? Is it last year. I will appreciate if I get feedback. Thanks

Big toe
Newly Registered

Post by Big toe » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:46 am

Mrsdoc wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:12 pm
Big toe wrote:
Mrsdoc wrote:
Thank you.
Yes, of course! It’s been 4 months since my mom’s application submission now and no update 😳. I’ve sent two complaints so far and no response either.
Hello....have you heard anything for your mum please?..i am yet to hear anything

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 am

Big toe wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:46 am
Mrsdoc wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:12 pm
Big toe wrote:
Mrsdoc wrote:
Thank you.
Hello....have you heard anything for your mum please?..i am yet to hear anything
Hi there,
No, we haven’t heard from HO yet.
It’s such a long wait 😒

Vin34
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Vin34 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:19 pm

By next week you will get response

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Vin34 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:19 pm
Hi, Vin34. Can I ask what makes you so certain of it? Have there been some decisions made for applications from May?
Thank you.

Vin34
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Vin34 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:05 am

Mrsdoc wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:43 pm
Vin34 wrote:
Hi, Vin34. Can I ask what makes you so certain of it? Have there been some decisions made for applications from May?
Thank you.
I believe most of the remaining decisions made last week are just May cases,alot of May got decisions in August, it takes 3 to 3.5months to get decisions, advise u stop contacting them

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:05 am

Vin34 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:05 am
Mrsdoc wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:43 pm
Vin34 wrote:
Thank you.
I believe most of the remaining decisions made last week are just May cases,alot of May got decisions in August, it takes 3 to 3.5months to get decisions, advise u stop contacting them
That sounds encouraging 🤞. I’ve contacted them twice, first in July which got completely ignored and second in August with no response.
Let’s hope you’re right and we hear from them soon 🤞.
Thank you.

Danileo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Danileo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:01 am

Edrees94 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 am
jjpmcat wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:52 am
Hi Everyone.

The best option will be to contact eu resulotion
Centre and ask your local mp for help
Or to chase the case for you but i would say
The waiting times for all non eu nationals
Depends and can be long delay in it
I waited almost 7 to 8 months to i got my decision
The one thing helped was call resultion centre
Asked them i wanna talk to their supervisor when i spoke to her explain the situation and she was helpfull told she would escalate my application and i got a decision next week or talking to her so basically it depends and its by case by case basis
Please what number did you call thank you

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 am

Hello everyone,
We have just received an email with the decision for my mum EUSS application. She has been granted Pre-Settled status and we are over the moon with this outcome! She received her decision exactly today which is her EUSS family permit expiry date. I know she would’ve been still legal had she not received her decision today whilst it’s under review but I think HO tried to complete her application relevantly around the time her EUSS FP would expire.
After waiting exactly 4 months from the day of submission, we finally got there! So, all May applicants can be rest assured their turn on its way.

Party time 🥳