ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK to parents with Tier 2 general visa.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arvindkumar619
Newly Registered
India

Baby born in UK to parents with Tier 2 general visa.

Post by arvindkumar619 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi,

Our immigration status is as follows:

Mother: Tier 2 General visa expiring in July 2022.
Father: Tier 2 General dependent visa expiring in July 2022.

Daughter: Born in the U.K. in Apr 2021. Recently got Indian Passport as we don't want him UK British passport now.

We are planning to travel outside the UK with our Daughter in November 2021 so we've decided to apply and get VISA at our own cost. As the Renewal of our VISA's is in 2022 July cannot wait till then.

VISA Type would be : extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your child ?

I would like your advise on the below.
  • I am aware we need to apply Tier2 dependant visa to cover her legal entry in UK until we(I, my wife and My Daughter) get renewal in July 2022.

My wife's company is providing us the Maintenance Letter which has my Daughter details in it.

I would like to know the detailed procedure to apply for the Tier 2 General Dependent VISA for my daughter. The cost like VISA Fee IHS is been paid by US not Company.

What all the documents should be submitted along with the VISA Application?
Thank you so much in advance.
Aravind

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Baby born in UK to parents with Tier 2 general visa.

Post by JB007 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:37 pm

arvindkumar619 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:16 pm

Our immigration status is as follows:

Mother: Tier 2 General visa expiring in July 2022.
Father: Tier 2 General dependent visa expiring in July 2022.

Daughter: Born in the U.K. in Apr 2021. Recently got Indian Passport as we don't want him UK British passport now.

We are planning to travel outside the UK with our Daughter in November 2021 so we've decided to apply and get VISA at our own cost. As the Renewal of our VISA's is in 2022 July cannot wait till then.
If you live in England, did you know that your baby could only have free hospital treatment for up to 3 months?

Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months

If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident up to 3 months of age, but only if they remain in the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of these criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to 6 April 2015

You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/visitin ... -area-eea/

arvindkumar619
Newly Registered
India

Post by arvindkumar619 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:15 am

Thank you.

Please can you advise what all documents is required for the VISA process for Kids who born in UK with above parents VISA categories.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:49 am

The application portal has specific guidance about it:

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children > Children born in the UK
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

junt2gen
Newly Registered
India

Post by junt2gen » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation but with a baby boy.

I got a question and not sure if this was answered already, if so I am sorry.
Once the child gets dependent visa, does he/she retain the eligibility to get British citizenship after one parent gets ILR or the child has to get ILR first and then apply for citizenship just like parents?

I am aware that a child can become British citizen once the parent has got ILR but I am not sire if holding a dependent visa will make things look different.

Any thoughts will be helpful!

Thanks
Prem

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Having leave doesn’t hinder a UK born child’s entitlement to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

junt2gen
Newly Registered
India

Post by junt2gen » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:38 pm
Having leave doesn’t hinder a UK born child’s entitlement to register.
wonderful. thank you !