ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from ICT to Skilled Worker Visa - ICT COS Withdrawal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rioust
Newly Registered
India

Switching from ICT to Skilled Worker Visa - ICT COS Withdrawal

Post by rioust » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Dear All,

I am switching from ICT (Company A) to Skilled Worker Visa (Company B).

I have not informed Company A and will only resign from Company A once I get the SW visa.

1. Company B is facing issues in raising COS since I already have a Live COS assigned by Company A. Do I need to request Company A to withdraw the COS for Company B to raise a new COS? In that case, will Company A come to know of my intentions for job transfer and will it limit my employment with Company A if COS is withdrawn?

2. My current COS with Company A is valid till Oct 20th (Expiry Date). If I request COS withdrawal (say on 6th Oct) and they withdraw my COS, can I continue in current company till Oct 20th? Will Company A force me to resign now that I have asked for COS withdrawal or can I continue with Company A based on COS end date (not expiry date) or BRP end date.

3. Do I need to ask for COS withdrawal or COS Cancellation from Company A ?

4. For raising New COS, the old COS has to be in which status - Used, Withdrawn or Cancelled?

5. Is this the standard process for changing from one employer to another in UK? In the forum, I saw members advising to only inform Company A once we get the visa from Company B. But if we need to reach to Company A to withdraw COS, they will anyways come to know.

Can members please advise on this?

rioust
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from ICT to Skilled Worker Visa - ICT COS Withdrawal

Post by rioust » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Just adding 1 more point. Mods - Please merge the posts as needed.

6. When I receive the BRP from Company A, does the 'Live' COS provided by Company A move to 'Inactive' status and can Company B raise a new COS after that?

Thanks in advance. Moderators - Can you advise please?

ashish19_2005
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashish19_2005 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi,

I’m also on same boat, please let me know if you got answers to your questions?

Thanks,

suyasht
Newly Registered
India

Post by suyasht » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:08 pm

@
Hi @rioust and @ashish19_2005
I have also the same question Switching from Tier 2 geenral to Skilled Worker Visa .
Did you get an answer for the above queries ? please reply on it