ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependant visa validity

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manci
Respected Guru

Tier 4 dependant visa validity

Post by manci » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Does a Tier 4 dependant partner's permission remain valid until its expiry date when the main applicant switches to the Graduate route?

Or must the dependant partner apply for a Graduate dependant permission at the same time when the main applicant applies?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependant visa validity

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:07 am

manci wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:32 pm
Does a Tier 4 dependant partner's permission remain valid until its expiry date when the main applicant switches to the Graduate route?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 pm

@sah10406
Thank you for your reply. Could you please point to the relevant guidance or rule?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:35 pm

manci wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 pm
Could you please point to the relevant guidance or rule?
There isn't one. Rules and related guidance are about things that do happen, e.g. permission being cancelled, not things that do not.

If the main migrant applying for new permission somehow cancelled their dependant's permission, that would be included in the guidance on Cancellation of entry clearance and permission:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0ext.pdf
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jeremy544
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by jeremy544 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:32 pm

manci wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:32 pm

Or must the dependant partner apply for a Graduate dependant permission at the same time when the main applicant applies?

Yes the visa will remain valid UNTIL it's expiry date. But if you want to continue as a dependent with your partner, then you will have to make a separate application together with your partner, as a Graduate Visa dependent.

More details can be read here at this link below.

LINK
https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/your-p ... d-children

At the above link there is a Section called APPLY, which has links for you to click, that direct you to the correct application page for you as Partner/Dependent of Graduate Visa applicant.

Also to note; When your partner (Graduate Visa applicant) is making their own Graduate Visa application, the online form has a section that asks whether their dependents will be applying with them or not. (I have not used that section, but perhaps knowing that information might be useful to you.)

Hope that helps. This is all to the best of my very limited knowledge. :)