ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalization Questions

Post by dobi80 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:32 am

Hello,

I am a new forum member and I am going to apply for naturalization in a couple of weeks. I have some questions regarding the documents for naturalization and Form 8 and would be much obliged if you could help me with them.

1) For documents translated to English, How old can the translation be, assuming there is no change in the content(like a birth certificate)? I have a birth certificate translation that is 5 years old( the stamp of the translator shows 2016). Would that be okay to use? Also, the translation was stamped by foreign affairs ministry of my country as true to original. Should I also get a stamp from a comissioner of oaths to make it a certified copy or is it alright as it is?

2) I want to show our rent contract as a proof of residence for every year. However, there is only one contract even though we continued to reside in the same house. The date is 2017. How can I use the same contract for the remaining years? Should I get a statement from our landlord and if so what format should it have? Or should I ask my landlord to sign new contracts for every year for the past years?

3) On Form 8, there is a required document, "Copies of bank statements for all of your bank accounts for at least 3 of the previous 6 months." Is this all bank accounts in Ireland or in the world? Does Paypal,Revolut or Transferwise count as a bank account? An Australian bank account that I haven't used for a year or Fidelity stock account etc. should be included or not?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Questions

Post by Vorona » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:14 pm

1) No, leave it.
2) Yes, send signed tenancy agreement for previous years or a statement from a landlord with their contact details confirming that you were indeed their tenant in said property. However it will not be enough. You will need utility bills, official letters from Revenue etc.
3) All bank accounts. Revolut is a bank account as it comes with an IBAN and a card.
Paypal and Transferwise statement are not necessary.

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi Vorona,

Many thanks for the reply.

1)Regarding the birth certificate, do you suggest to get a new birth certificate or just a new translation. After all, the information in a birth certificate should be independent of date, is it not?

2) What kind of format statement should my landlord sign ? Is this kind of statement better than signing back dated tenancy agreements for every year?

3) My transferwise account also comes with a card and IBAN so you think it should be included as well? I had an Australian bank account that is closed a month ago. However, there was no activity in it for a long time. I am not sure if I can even get a statement for it now. Do you think I should at least mention about the account in my Form 8?

Thanks again for all the information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:56 pm

1. Dates are irrelevant.

2. Just Google ‘proof of tenancy letter’.

3. No. TransferWise accounts are not bank accounts. Revolut accounts are not bank accounts either but they are just way too popular these days to be ignored. No need to mention any non-EU accounts.

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Thank you very much for the response littlerr. It is a huge help.

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:50 am

I have a new question and I guess I should continue with the thread as per forum rules.

I have requested my reckonable residence records from GNIB in Dublin as it was suggested to others in this forum before. I got the following reply

What should I do now?

Thanks

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:55 am

For those who cannot see the image( it can be accessed by right clicking to the image symbol and opening in another tab) it basically says that we no longer provide this information, contact Citizenship Division. Should I send the same mail to that department by post or do something else?

Thanks

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 am

Has anyone tried to get a reckonable residence confirmation from Chief Superintendent, Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB), 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

As I wrote in my above post, they wrote back to me to say that the procedure has changed and they no longer give this information for citizenship purposes.

If anyone has ever encountered this before, could you tell me how you resolved it?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Helping you embed the image here:

To answer your question, if the letter says it's no longer a requirement, you just don't have to do it any more. I would attach a copy of that letter in your application just to make sure.

I've also sent an email to INIS asking for clarifications on this, as their website still states this is a requirement. Not sure how long it's going to take for them to come back to me though.

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:18 am

Thanks littlerr. From their wording, I could not decide if this is not a requirement anymore or I should get this information from another department. I still need to fill the online residency checker and since my last renewal did not include a stamp on my passport I don't know how to fill it. Do you think I should fill it with the date on my last IRP card or should I do something else?

Redstar33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Redstar33 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 am

dobi80 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:18 am
Thanks littlerr. From their wording, I could not decide if this is not a requirement anymore or I should get this information from another department. I still need to fill the online residency checker and since my last renewal did not include a stamp on my passport I don't know how to fill it. Do you think I should fill it with the date on my last IRP card or should I do something else?
Are we not supposed to fill in the dates on our IRPs card? Because the stamp on my passport and IRP miss match each other. I think the dates on your card should be fine since they enters that dates onto the system anyway.

dobi80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by dobi80 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am

Redstar33 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 am
dobi80 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:18 am
Are we not supposed to fill in the dates on our IRPs card? Because the stamp on my passport and IRP miss match each other. I think the dates on your card should be fine since they enters that dates onto the system anyway.
As far as I know, the process used to be that the online residency checker is filled with stamp dates on the passport. Then they changed it so that you get the dates from GARDA with a letter(since passports won't be stamped anymore) and then fill the online form. Now apparently they changed it again and I don't know what we are supposed to do.