ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE Transfer from Old passport to New Passport. New Visa does not show that its ILE anymore

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maniteja
Newly Registered
India

ILE Transfer from Old passport to New Passport. New Visa does not show that its ILE anymore

Post by Maniteja » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Hello,

My name is Maniteja. I have a query regarding my Visa.

I am currently on an ILE (Indefinite leave to enter UK) Visa with an Indian Passport and I have been living in the UK for the past 5 Years. My dad is a British Citizen and I got my ILE through Visa Settlement to Join Parents when I was 17Years old.

My Indian passport expired by the end of August 2021 and I have a new passport now. My ILE vignette Visa sticker that I have in my old passport was also valid till end of August 2021 (It was valid till my passport was valid), so I applied for a new visa (UK GOV Website mentioned that you can not work with expired visa)

I am currently in India and my only option to get a new visa was to "Transfer your visa from your passport". I can only apply for BRP if I am in the UK. Now, I have applied for my visa transfer from my old passport to my new passport, but my new visa is different from my old visa.

It does not show that it is an ILE any more and it has "Child Visitor, No Work, No Public Funds/NHS OV" written on it. The letter I got with my new visa shows that it is valid for the next 33 Months.

Old Visa:
Type : VISA SETTLEMENT TO JOIN PARENTS
Obsrv : Indefinite leave to enter the UK

New Visa
Type : D - TO JOIN PARENTS
Obsrv : Child Visitor, No Work, No Public Funds/NHS OV

Does this mean it's no longer an ILE ? What does "Child Visitor, No Work, No Public Funds/NHS OV" mean, does it mean I cannot work with my new visa ?

Thank You,
Maniteja

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILE Transfer from Old passport to New Passport. New Visa does not show that its ILE anymore

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:40 pm

A valid visa/ILE in an expired passport can be used to re-enter the UK. There was no need to transfer it to the new passport as far as I know. I am not sure why you have been issued such a visa as you have ILR.

You also MUST apply for a BRP the moment you get back to the UK as an ILR sticker is useless for anything other than entry to the UK. I suggest contacting the consulate in India and discuss this issue with them and maybe get the new visa cancelled as the ILE sticker should be good to get you back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Re: ILE Transfer from Old passport to New Passport. New Visa does not show that its ILE anymore

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:34 pm

Maniteja wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:10 pm

I am currently in India and my only option to get a new visa was to "Transfer your visa from your passport". I can only apply for BRP if I am in the UK. Now, I have applied for my visa transfer from my old passport to my new passport, but my new visa is different from my old visa.

It does not show that it is an ILE any more and it has "Child Visitor, No Work, No Public Funds/NHS OV" written on it. The letter I got with my new visa shows that it is valid for the next 33 Months.

Old Visa:
Type : VISA SETTLEMENT TO JOIN PARENTS
Obsrv : Indefinite leave to enter the UK

New Visa
Type : D - TO JOIN PARENTS
Obsrv : Child Visitor, No Work, No Public Funds/NHS OV

Does this mean it's no longer an ILE ? What does "Child Visitor, No Work, No Public Funds/NHS OV" mean, does it mean I cannot work with my new visa ?

Thank You,
Maniteja
Agree with @Zimba .

If you haven’t been absent from the UK for over two continuous years, then you are a returning resident and may not actually require a visa under 18A. However, the airlines may disagree due to the ILE’s expiry date.

The new endorsement is incorrect. Ask them to correct it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Maniteja
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maniteja » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 am

Thank you Zimba and Vinny for the response. Does this mean I can cancel my new visa and use my old visa (ILE) to travel back and apply for BRP once I am back in UK. If that's the case, what the best way to cancel my new visa ? I have emailed the consulate in India and they have replied back to contact UKVI. I have emailed to UKVI as well.

Vinny, the link that you have provided to correct the endorsement says "If an applicant finds, before they’ve arrived in the UK, that their visa has been issued with an incorrect endorsement they must contact their visa application centre immediately to correct it." In this case will the visa application centre be VFS or UKVI ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am

Yes you should be able to enter the UK without any issues. The visa you have been issued is not correct. You have settled status and you should not be given a visitor visa. Did you email at EntryClearance.Errors@fco.gov.uk attaching your sticker ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Maniteja
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maniteja » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:48 am

No I have sent it to UKVI (paid email from GOV.UK website). I will send an email to EntryClearance.Errors@fco.gov.uk now. Thank you.

Maniteja
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maniteja » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:44 pm

I have just got an automated reply from Sheffield Visa Section Office and it says "Please note that this inbox only deals with corrections once you have arrived in the UK. Any errors where you are yet to travel need correcting by the post that issued your visa." - I am not sure who the "post" is in this case as I have not arrived in UK yet.

I have also managed to get hold of UKVI through telephone (after 2hrs of waiting) and they have mentioned that if I applied for Visa transfer, I should be getting the same visa. So they have escalated it as an issue. Hopefully will hear from them soon.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Post means embassy or the consulate.