ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch Employers Tier 2 General - Applying Outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kunzdaman
Newly Registered

Switch Employers Tier 2 General - Applying Outside UK

Post by kunzdaman » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:21 pm

Hi All,

Would like some advice on my current situation. 'm currently employed on a Tier 2 general visa and have another job offer who are willing to sponsor. Here's the details of the situation:

- New job start date is Jan 24 2022

- I'm looking to travel back home to Aus on Oct 14 and return to the UK early Jan.

- Wanting to get the visa sorted before I leave for Australia as I understand you can't leave the UK whilst the application is on-going

- I have a 3 month notice period with my current employer

The new employer has said that they can't process the visa whilst I'm still employed with my current employer so would have to give notice first before they are able to do it. They said I can then have the visa processed whilst I'm in Australia (i.e. visa application/biometrics). This seems like a high risk strategy and feel it may have an impact on ILR eligibility down the track so looking for some advice on the best way to go about the situation.

The questions I have are:

- When should I give in my notice with my current employer? (I have a 3 month notice period). The start date for my new job is Jan 24 2022

- Should I complete the visa process whilst in the UK before travelling to Australia on October 14? Is this enough time?

- If I have to do the whole application process from Australia, is there any impact towards ILR eligibility down the track?

ny help/advice much appreciated. Thanks

kunzdaman
Newly Registered

Re: Switch Employers Tier 2 General - Applying Outside UK

Post by kunzdaman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi,

Is someone able to help please with the above query. Especially around the start date. Thanks