ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convictions and other penalties Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ama2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Calculate the qualified period for ILR

Post by Ama2020 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:10 pm

Dear All,

In Section 6 - Immigration history from the Set O form there is the below question.

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

My question is that

Can I put the date of visa granted as this date will comply with the qualified period but if I put the date of entry in Q6.1 i will be 7 days short, could you please advise on what to do to get the 5 years period right ?

Thanks in advance
Adel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Calculate the qualified period for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:32 pm

It clearly asks for the date you ENTERED the UK and not visa issue date!!

UKVI do actually know the rules about the qualifying period starting form visa issue date!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ama2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Personal photos

Post by Ama2020 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:30 am

Dear all,

I am going to submit my online application next week and I am wondering how to upload my personal photos with my online application, do I need to have them electronically and then upload them, or I send it with my paper application when I send it though the post with my other documents such passports, birth certificate…etc?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Adel

vinny

Re: Personal photos

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:36 am

Which application requires a paper submission?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 am

Ama2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:30 am
Dear all,

I am going to submit my online application next week and I am wondering how to upload my personal photos with my online application, do I need to have them electronically and then upload them, or I send it with my paper application when I send it though the post with my other documents such passports, birth certificate…etc?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Adel
There is no more paper application, the whole process is done online. Can you state what you are intending to apply for?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:17 am

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ama2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by Ama2020 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 am
Ama2020 wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Adel
There is no more paper application, the whole process is done online. Can you state what you are intending to apply for?
Thanks for your reply, i know the process is online but i am asking how to attach our personal photos with the online application. According to the guideline we need to attach two personal photos with our applications. Please advise

Ama2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Post by Ama2020 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:21 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:36 am
Which application requires a paper submission?
ILR using Set (o) form

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:07 am

There is no paper form. There is no need to upload photos as you must attend the biometrics appointment and get your photos digitally taken.

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 pm

Ama2020 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 am
Ama2020 wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Adel
Thanks for your reply, i know the process is online but i am asking how to attach our personal photos with the online application. According to the guideline we need to attach two personal photos with our applications. Please advise
Which guideline state such? That's where the biometrics come in, your photo is taken at the appointment.

Ama2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Libya

Convictions and other penalties Question

Post by Ama2020 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 am

Dear All,

I am applying for ILR next week and I have a question about the above subject, I could not find any category to do with the car park fine/charge. I had three car parks fine over the last 5 years and I would like to report this but I could the correct category under this section to put the details of this. Could you please advise or share your experience with this?

Regards,
AMA

zimba
Mood:

Re: Convictions and other penalties Question

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:18 am

Ama2020 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 am
Dear All,

I am applying for ILR next week and I have a question about the above subject, I could not find any category to do with the car park fine/charge. I had three car parks fine over the last 5 years and I would like to report this but I could the correct category under this section to put the details of this. Could you please advise or share your experience with this?

Regards,
AMA
ONLY court convictions must be declared :!:
There is no such a thing as a private car park fine. These are merely charges demanded often by a private firm and legally unenforceable. Private firms or land owners cannot issue fines. Fines can only be issued by the police, councils, DVLA, etc and even these do not need to be declared if paid in full
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice