ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) application 10yrs route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

ILR (LR) application 10yrs route

Post by sacorina » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 am

Hellos all,

Am applying for ILR - long residence, i came into the UK February 2011, with a student visa got married 2012, applied with my spouse - October 2012 and was refused - March 2013, appealed on same grounds and was granted - July 2014, had a child with spouse but separated just before i could renew my stay, used my child to renew - (FR) October 2017 , now want to apply for ILR (LR) and please have a couple of questions:-
1. would my refusal affect my application?
2. i have been on 3 visas - student, spose and child/family - would this affect my application or count as unlawful residence?
3. i have filled most part of the form but am bit stuck on the reasons you want to stay in the UK. also i have mentioned i have my mum in my country would this be a harmful information?
4. i have seen a couple of threads that say 1am submission, please what does it mean?
5. i have an MSc with a university in UK, would this cover the knowledge of English?

thank you so much for your answers.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR (LR) application 10yrs route

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am

sacorina wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 am
Hellos all,

Am applying for ILR - long residence, i came into the UK February 2011, with a student visa got married 2012, applied with my spouse - October 2012 and was refused - March 2013, appealed on same grounds and was granted - July 2014, had a child with spouse but separated just before i could renew my stay, used my child to renew - (FR) October 2017 , now want to apply for ILR (LR) and please have a couple of questions:-
1. would my refusal affect my application? No, you got the visa on appeal at the end.
2. i have been on 3 visas - student, spose and child/family - would this affect my application or count as unlawful residence? No, they all count on ILR LR route
3. i have filled most part of the form but am bit stuck on the reasons you want to stay in the UK. also i have mentioned i have my mum in my country would this be a harmful information? No
4. i have seen a couple of threads that say 1am submission, please what does it mean? Can you quote one of such threads for clarity.....probably reference to when appointments are released on UKVCAS site.
5. i have an MSc with a university in UK, would this cover the knowledge of English? Yes

thank you so much for your answers.

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:16 pm

Thank You AmazonianX, i appreciate it.
yes have got to find out that the 1am refers to when the appointments are released.

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:51 pm

please i have another question,
i have a fixed penalty charge for driving - ''Use a motor Vehicle/trailer the number of passengers/manner carried likely to cause danger (Contrary to section 40A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.)''
would it affect my application?
the date is December 2019

Thank you so much

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 pm

hellos

am trying to get my documents together, is there a pattern on how to cover the 10years, i also saw threads about 10 item for ILR, not sure what this means please can someone elaborate.

thank you so much

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:02 am

sacorina wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 pm
hellos

am trying to get my documents together, is there a pattern on how to cover the 10years, i also saw threads about 10 item for ILR, not sure what this means please can someone elaborate.

thank you so much
Can you state in full or ref the thread on the 10 items you mentioned.

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 pm

i tried to find thread it but sorry i couldn't, it was in reference to the correspondence documents that need to be provided to cover the period of 5 or 10 years. i don't know the pattern it need to be provided. if you can please explain or attach a thread for clarity would appreciate it.

thank you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:56 pm

sacorina wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 pm
i tried to find thread it but sorry i couldn't, it was in reference to the correspondence documents that need to be provided to cover the period of 5 or 10 years. i don't know the pattern it need to be provided. if you can please explain or attach a thread for clarity would appreciate it.

thank you so much.
None of that is required for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

Don't confuse the requirements for different ilr routes, they are all different.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Periods of Absence

Post by sacorina » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:08 pm

hellos
please can someone help me, am trying to document my period of absence - the first was when i was in University and the times i travelled was for holiday i wasn't working at the time.
- then finished school started working part-time, its been over 7years, not sure how to get a letter from company covering those days of my absence. - i have all my payslips and p60 but no absence letter from the company.
- then one of my absence was for my dads burial and another for a wedding, i wasnt working at these times either, how can i document these please.

thank you so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:19 am

There is NO requirement for absence letter of P60s etc.

You need only all stamped pages of tour passports
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:55 pm

please are you saying i don't need a letter to support my travel?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:20 pm

sacorina wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:55 pm
please are you saying i don't need a letter to support my travel?
No, not required. Unclear why you believe all these unnecessary documents are required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:07 pm

Ok thank you. just saw a couple a places where it says you need a letter to support your absence from the united kingdom, wasn't really clear to me, hence my questions.
i thought a letter from the work place is required to cover your absence or holiday whilst in the UK.
and please for the referee letter do they need to attach their passport page?
thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:16 pm

An employer absence letter is for a completely different visa route, eg tier 2 to ilr based on 5 years residence.

Why do you believe you need a referee letter? There is NO such requirment at all for ILR under any visa route
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sacorina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sacorina » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:45 am

ok thank you, i got a bit confused reading up a lot of information.