ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!! IHS for Global Talent dependent visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

h291172
Newly Registered
Taiwan

URGENT!! IHS for Global Talent dependent visa

Post by h291172 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:25 pm

Dear all,
I am applying for my Global Talent dependent visa.
I have a problem when I am going to pay for the IHS fee.
Here is the situation:
Now I am on Tier 2 dependent visa (expiry date: 30th August 2021).
My husband changed his visa from Tier 2 general visa to Tier 1 global talent visa not long ago (expiry date: 17th December 2021).
He has already submitted his ILR application therefore I am applying my Global Talent dependent visa (I have lived in the UK for 2 years and 10 months. I will need to stay here for another 2 years and 2 month before I am eligible to apply for my ILR).
I was asked to add my "Course of start date", "Course of end date" etc.
I am not applying for a student visa so I don't have any of those information.
I believe that I chose the right category for my application.
Visa route: PBS Dependant (Global Talent)
Visa type: Global Talent Dependant
Please suggest me for the next step otherwise I can't finish my application.
Thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: URGENT!! IHS for Global Talent dependent visa

Post by manci » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:30 am

h291172 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:25 pm
I have a problem when I am going to pay for the IHS fee.

I was asked to add my "Course of start date", "Course of end date" etc.
As your husband seems to be in the process of being granted ILR you'll get 3 years’ permission as his dependant therefore you'll have to pay IHS for 3 years.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

h291172
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by h291172 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I understand that I need to pay for three year IHS fee.
What I don't understand is my husband and I are not taking any course at the moment (both of us are employees in different companies and I can confirm that we are not under student visa), in this case, how I can answer the course start/end date?
Thank you for any advice.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:07 am

Check again that you have selected the right category for application and that you have correctly answered all questions before you get to this section.

Also try clearing your cache etc. or using a different computer.

If it is still asking for those dates and not allowing you to proceed without entering it, then use random dates and add in the cover letter clearly that those are random dates entered because the application could not proceed without it.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:05 am

marcnath wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:07 am
If it is still asking for those dates and not allowing you to proceed without entering it, then use random dates and add in the cover letter clearly that those are random dates entered because the application could not proceed without it.
If the question on the form is only in the IHS payment section and not in the application itself suggest you put the start date as the date you are submitting the application and the end date 3 years minus 1 day after that. Put an explanation in the cover letter as @marcnath suggested and upload the cover letter with your other documents.

BTW "Course of start date", "Course of end date" don't sound right even grammatically. Are you sure you quoted them correctly?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

h291172
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by h291172 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi, both

Thank you both for the suggestions.
My husband also checked the information I used in my application and I've already tried different computers (2 iOS and 1 Windows system).
They all showed the same results.
@manci Sorry, that's a typo.
The missing details that they asked me to provide are:
Add where you are planning to stay,
Add your course start date,
Add your course end date,
Add whether you are continuing a course,
and
Add the location of your course.
I will upload a cover letter to explain my issues.
Fingers Crossed

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:52 am

My wife recently applied for her GTV dependent visa , and she was asked these exact same questions on the IHS form. She put random dates for the course start/end dates, name of course, university etc.

This seems to be a programming bug in GTV dependent visa IHS applications.

The good news is that, it is only in the IHS form. The IHS fees calculated shall be correct since it is based on the actual time remaining between IHS fee-payment date & the expiry date of the main GTV BRP (currently GBP 640 per year)

After paying the IHS fees, you'll be redirected back to the main application and an IHS number shall be auto- generated. When you download the submitted application PDF, you'll find that none of those other details (course start/end dates, course location etc) you entered in the IHS form appears anywhere. Only the IHS number shall appear in the final application PDF.

My suggestion is not to confuse the caseworker with extraneous information in a cover letter. The caseworkers do not see what you entered in your IHS form. My wife got her GTV dependent visa without any cover letter despite having the identical issue.