ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa, two jobs combining salaried and non-salaried 6 months payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa, two jobs combining salaried and non-salaried 6 months payslips

Post by Meri_201m » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been reading lot of posts regarding spouse visa UK application but have not got the answer yet.
I want to bring my spouse to the UK and I am currently employed, started my job on June 2021 and want to apply in Jan 2022.
My annual salary is 18,000 pounds,this alone as you see would not help me meet the threshold.
However to meet the threshold I have taken on BANK shifts, I believe these are zero hour and it would mean my salary varies each month unlike my permanent salary.
My question is, is it possible to apply under Cat A using both these jobs, so using my main salary and then also my BANK shifts to try meet the threshold. I want to provide 6 month payslips. I am not sure how it works with the NHS, but can i assume its the same employer? Like I said, my main job (18k one) is permanent and full time and the BANK shifts are just extra shifts i take, but are processed differently. The payslips are produced separately and i had to sign a different contract for BANK.
Can anyone please help answer this? It has been quite stressful for me. Thanks so much.

secret.simon

Re: Spouse Visa, two jobs combining salaried and non-salaried 6 months payslips

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:03 pm

We are not aware of the term "BANK shifts". Does that mean extra shift work with the same employer or does that mean you work shifts for a BANK?

In any case, even if it were the same employer, generally, if your salary varies per month (due to sale bonuses, commission, etc), I believe that you need 12 months of salary proof. Alternatively, I think (and I could be wrong), they take the lowest monthly salary in the six months and consider that.

But I am not certain. Wait for others to respond in more details.

Also, are you a British citizen, on ILR or in the UK on a skilled worker visa?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Post by Meri_201m » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am British Citizen. BANK shifts are extra shifts from the same hospital trust but the contract is different. The NHS does them, they are kinda similar to locum shifts, however as my permanent salary which is set does not help meet the threshold, I asked the same hospital for me to be put on these BANK shifts so I meet the requirement.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:37 pm

Meri_201m wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 pm
I am British Citizen.
OK. So you will still need to pay the IHS for your spouse. But you may be able to apply for refunds of the IHS every six months that you work in the NHS.
Meri_201m wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 pm
BANK shifts are extra shifts from the same hospital trust but the contract is different.
I think that would be interpreted by the Home Office as you having two jobs, even of they are with the same employer. And that may necessitate 12 months salary statements.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Meri_201m wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:13 pm
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been reading lot of posts regarding spouse visa UK application but have not got the answer yet.
I want to bring my spouse to the UK and I am currently employed, started my job on June 2021 and want to apply in Jan 2022.
My annual salary is 18,000 pounds,this alone as you see would not help me meet the threshold.
However to meet the threshold I have taken on BANK shifts, I believe these are zero hour and it would mean my salary varies each month unlike my permanent salary.
My question is, is it possible to apply under Cat A using both these jobs, so using my main salary and then also my BANK shifts to try meet the threshold. I want to provide 6 month payslips. I am not sure how it works with the NHS, but can i assume its the same employer? Like I said, my main job (18k one) is permanent and full time and the BANK shifts are just extra shifts i take, but are processed differently. The payslips are produced separately and i had to sign a different contract for BANK.
Can anyone please help answer this? It has been quite stressful for me. Thanks so much.
So you would need 6 months payslips from your main job that is salaried but remember if you are in salaried employment, UKVI will take the lowest in the last 6 months to calculate your gross annual salary while your bank shift which counts as overtime will be calculated using non salaried formula by adding all payslips in the last 6 months divide it by 6 x 12. You will need to add that to your basic salary of £18,000.

Many people have done this successfully without any issues.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Post by Meri_201m » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, so the minimum from my main salary job I'd get paid would be 1,500 per month, thats the bare minimum, sometimes even more depending on enhanced rated.
But I do 1 or two extra bank shifts or even three, so for each bank shift let's say I get about 80 pounds. So that means that means overall it would be much higher if I'm allowed to combine the two.
My concern was combining the two, if that is okay. So the bank shifts what is paid varies, It depends if I take on extra shifts or not, it's essentially up to me how much I take. I just wanted to do it all before Jan 2022 as it has been years. Other people are saying if you have one salaried job and another job non salaried then you need 12 months pay slip for the non salaried, but this won't be possible as I only started in June 2021. Thank you you much for everyone's help, this is honestly helping me through a very stressful time, solicitors are asking for soo much just to answer this and I won't be able afford just yet.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Meri_201m wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:08 pm
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, so the minimum from my main salary job I'd get paid would be 1,500 per month, thats the bare minimum, sometimes even more depending on enhanced rated.
But I do 1 or two extra bank shifts or even three, so for each bank shift let's say I get about 80 pounds. So that means that means overall it would be much higher if I'm allowed to combine the two.
My concern was combining the two, if that is okay. So the bank shifts what is paid varies, It depends if I take on extra shifts or not, it's essentially up to me how much I take. I just wanted to do it all before Jan 2022 as it has been years. Other people are saying if you have one salaried job and another job non salaried then you need 12 months pay slip for the non salaried, but this won't be possible as I only started in June 2021. Thank you you much for everyone's help, this is honestly helping me through a very stressful time, solicitors are asking for soo much just to answer this and I won't be able afford just yet.
The guidance clearly allows this.

You also don’t need 12 months payslips! Only 6 months payslips from the main salaried job and your overtime job which you are getting separate payslips for example some extra shifts are usually paid weekly if you choose it that way otherwise it is paid monthly this you received 2 payslips each month. 1 for salaried and 2 for overtime

“ Overtime, payments to cover travel time (for example, for a care worker travelling between appointments), commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from employment where they have been received in the relevant period(s) prior to the date of application. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary.”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page19

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Post by Meri_201m » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Thank you for that. I have slight learning difficulties too, and this is helpful. I'm so grateful for this.
So BANK shifts from NHS are classified as overtime even though its a different contract? Yes I get paid weekly for the BANK shifts but never knew they were essentially overtime

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm

You also don’t need 12 months payslips! Only 6 months payslips from the main salaried job and your overtime job which you are getting separate payslips for example some extra shifts are usually paid weekly if you choose it that way otherwise it is paid monthly this you received 2 payslips each month. 1 for salaried and 2 for overtime

“ Overtime, payments to cover travel time (for example, for a care worker travelling between appointments), commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from employment where they have been received in the relevant period(s) prior to the date of application. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary.”

@TODMATT, are you sure that it will be considered as overtime, as it is a separate job (under a separate contract) with the same employer and separate payslips are generated for the BANK shifts?
Meri_201m wrote:
to meet the threshold I have taken on BANK shifts, I believe these are zero hour and it would mean my salary varies each month unlike my permanent salary.
the BANK shifts are just extra shifts i take, but are processed differently. The payslips are produced separately and i had to sign a different contract for BANK.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:41 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm

@TODMATT, are you sure that it will be considered as overtime, as it is a separate job (under a separate contract) with the same employer and separate payslips are generated for the BANK shifts?
Meri_201m wrote:
to meet the threshold I have taken on BANK shifts, I believe these are zero hour and it would mean my salary varies each month unlike my permanent salary.
the BANK shifts are just extra shifts i take, but are processed differently. The payslips are produced separately and i had to sign a different contract for BANK.
Yes it is definitely an overtime outside of the OP contract on this basis because OP has a permanent contract which is salaried with the same employer for 6 months and doing an extra bank shift which is quite common in NHS where someone is salaried and they also undertake extra bank shifts to do overtime.

So the extra shift are zero hour contract and will fall under non salaried which means OP would need to do the average of the last 6 months overtime divide it by 6 x 12 and add that to the base salary.

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Post by Meri_201m » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm

I see, thank you
Do you know anyone who has done it like this with bank shifts and permanent job and sent application with only 6 month for both?

Also When I make an application do I need to list my bank shifts as overtime instead of an extra job? And also do I show evidence of my contract for bank shifts q separate letter from my employer about these?

I apologises if I'm asking too many questions and I appreciate all your help. I really hope this is the case like to believe it is but honestly I've been quite stressed over this and thinking of maybe leaving my job as a front line worker if it's not enough and it's sad because we are short staff and I love my job and don't want to over this.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Meri_201m wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm
I see, thank you
Do you know anyone who has done it like this with bank shifts and permanent job and sent application with only 6 month for both?

Also When I make an application do I need to list my bank shifts as overtime instead of an extra job? And also do I show evidence of my contract for bank shifts q separate letter from my employer about these?

I apologises if I'm asking too many questions and I appreciate all your help. I really hope this is the case like to believe it is but honestly I've been quite stressed over this and thinking of maybe leaving my job as a front line worker if it's not enough and it's sad because we are short staff and I love my job and don't want to over this.
You are overthinking a lot which will cause you a lot of anxiety!

Read the formula given to you above. Many people have done this successfully without any issues at all.

You don’t need contract for bank shifts but if you have been taking extra shifts each month then you have to provide those payslips depending on whether you are paid weekly or monthly.

Some NHS staff I know usually get paid end of month for all those extra shifts unless they decide to receive their income every week. Irrespective of whichever option you are paid, you need to provide all extra shifts payslips in the last 6 months.

I would also suggest a cover letter to explain how you fulfil the requirement using your extra shifts and your salaried income.

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Post by Meri_201m » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:43 pm

I understand why you would say it's overthinking, and I do tend to over think a lot and it has caused anxiety already, but I feel it is important to get everything right because it's a big decision to make and I will be spending thousands of pounds so it's very important for me to get it all right from the start. I already know it will cost over 3,500 pounds for me and that is quite a lot of money, I am satisfied with your response but at the same time I'm doubtful as I wouldn't think the BANK shifts are seen as overtime, because I had to sign a different contract for them and essentially it's two jobs and not overtime from what I know so I may need 12 payslips.
I have collected my weekly payslips for the BANK shifts.

Thank you so much for the time in helping me with my enquiry, I really appreciate it, honestly, it makes me less anxious about the whole process and I don't feel alone and miserable in this matter, maybe the best thing for me is to consult a solicitor, for me to be even more certain on this matter as I wouldn't know how to apply myself, what option to tick etc. It may seem straightforward to some people but for me it is not

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Meri_201m wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:43 pm
I understand why you would say it's overthinking, and I do tend to over think a lot and it has caused anxiety already, but I feel it is important to get everything right because it's a big decision to make and I will be spending thousands of pounds so it's very important for me to get it all right from the start. I already know it will cost over 3,500 pounds for me and that is quite a lot of money, I am satisfied with your response but at the same time I'm doubtful as I wouldn't think the BANK shifts are seen as overtime, because I had to sign a different contract for them and essentially it's two jobs and not overtime from what I know so I may need 12 payslips.
I have collected my weekly payslips for the BANK shifts.

Thank you so much for the time in helping me with my enquiry, I really appreciate it, honestly, it makes me less anxious about the whole process and I don't feel alone and miserable in this matter, maybe the best thing for me is to consult a solicitor, for me to be even more certain on this matter as I wouldn't know how to apply myself, what option to tick etc. It may seem straightforward to some people but for me it is not
I know friends who have successfully done this without any issues so I have relayed my experience to you so seek for legal advice.

Meri_201m
Newly Registered

Post by Meri_201m » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:26 pm

To confirm friends who were BANK staff with NHS?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:56 pm

Meri_201m wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:26 pm
To confirm friends who were BANK staff with NHS?
How else would i know how they are paid if someone is taking an extra bank shifts on wards? and they choose to get paid weekly or some choose to get paid at the end of the month as long as their shifts has been locked in by the place where the shift took place. Check your ESR, you have two payslips so one would be from your permanent job and the other should be from the bank shifts.

This is the last comment from me.

Goodluck