ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document upload

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Tier 2 Visa Extension for dependent child over 18

Post by ojaygra » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:01 am

Hi,
I am a dependent child over 18 currently on a tier 2 dependent visa which will expire in a few days. The main applicant has received ILR, but I am four months short for qualifying for ILR.
Can you please tell me which form to use to apply for an extension.
Thanks in advance

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Visa Extension for dependent child over 18

Post by TODMATT » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:52 am

How did the main applicant got their ILR?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:00 am

What is the UK immigration status of the other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by ojaygra » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:39 pm

The main applicant recently got ILR via the tier 2 skilled worker route.
The status of the other parent is the same as mine. We are both looking to extend our tier 2 visa until we are qualified for ILR.

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Tier 2 Dependent Extension

Post by ojaygra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:24 am

Good day,
I am in the process of applying for a tier 2 PBS dependent visa extension (Spouse and child). The main applicant was informed that his ILR application on the skill worker 5 year route has been successful, but he hasn't received the BRP as yet. I have to proceed with the dependent's application as their current visa will expire in two days.
1. I am now directed to Health surcharge- They are asking for start date and end day of employment of the main applicant, but the main applicant current visa will expire in two days and he will now move to ILR. What do I put in this case?

2. The dependent child is over 18 and is not currently in school. Do you think this will be an issue? He has just complete 6 sixth form and is taking a gap year before going to University. That was a question on the form to which I have responded 'no'. that is why I am concerned.

I await an response so I can proceed with the applications today.
Thank you in advance

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Tier 2 Dependent Extension

Post by ojaygra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:24 am

Hi,
I have made a mistake on my PBS visa extension application form when entering periods of absence, which may significantly impact the amount of time I have spent outside the UK. I am trying to change it but I am not getting the options to do so.
I have paid the healthcare surcharge, but I have not paid the application fee as yet.
What can I do at this time?
Can I write a letter and submit with the documents to state that I have made mistakes with the dates?
I am extremely worried.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Extension

Post by Theunknownusername » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:43 am

ojaygra wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:24 am
Hi,
I have made a mistake on my PBS visa extension application form when entering periods of absence, which may significantly impact the amount of time I have spent outside the UK. I am trying to change it but I am not getting the options to do so.
I have paid the healthcare surcharge, but I have not paid the application fee as yet.
What can I do at this time?
Can I write a letter and submit with the documents to state that I have made mistakes with the dates?
I am extremely worried.
Once the IHS button is clicked to take you to the page, the application becomes locked. If you cancel the application you can resubmit it straight away. The refund will take about 6 weeks (I had the same experience) however, explain clearly when cancelling that you made a mistake etc and need to correct it.

Not much else I can suggest I'm afraid. Good luck.

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Tier 2 Dependent Extension applicant

Post by ojaygra » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:10 am

My Application has been sent to home office. What if there is an family emergency and i need to leave the country while i'm waiting for home office to make a decision. What can i do in this situation?

secret.simon

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Extension applicant

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:57 am

If you leave the UK, the application is automatically considered withdrawn, by operation of the law.

You can then start the UK immigration journey again by applying for a fresh entry clearance under the appropriate category.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Dependent Visa extension

Post by ojaygra » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:53 pm

Hi,
When uploading documents before appointment with home office do we have to scan all pages of our passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:25 am

Your appointment is with UKCVAS. It is not an appointment with the home office.

Yes, you can scan all pages
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ojaygra
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Document upload

Post by ojaygra » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi,
I have my biometric appointment on Monday. I have just completed uploading my documents, but I am not getting the option to submit them. I previously saw a checklist to confirm I have completed uploading the documents and a button to submit, but I am not seeing this anymore. Is this because I did not finish uploading the documents 48 hrs before the appointment?
when I login to ukvcas, i can see the documents i have uploaded, but they haven't been submitted.
Should I be worried?
Should I cancel the appointment and re-book another appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document upload

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Can you please stop starting new topics all over the sub forums with each question you have. Keep ALL your questions in this existing topic. Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document upload

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:44 pm

ojaygra wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:25 pm
Hi,
I have my biometric appointment on Monday. I have just completed uploading my documents, but I am not getting the option to submit them. I previously saw a checklist to confirm I have completed uploading the documents and a button to submit, but I am not seeing this anymore. Is this because I did not finish uploading the documents 48 hrs before the appointment?
when I login to ukvcas, i can see the documents i have uploaded, but they haven't been submitted.
Should I be worried?
Should I cancel the appointment and re-book another appointment?
You only have the submit function if it is more than 48 hours before your appointment. Submitting yourself is OPTIONAL.

They will be submitted at the appointment. You are overthinking and worrying for no reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)