ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Step children Euss scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Step children Euss scheme

Post by New on forum » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi dear members and moderators ,
I am asking this on behalf of a friend who can't read or speak English as a result can't do this himself.

Husband is non eu national with settled status and wife is a relevant person of Northern Ireland resident in uK entire life.
Husband has 3 under 21 children non eu nationals from a previous marriage.
Previously refused visas for them children because of sole custody issue.( other parent mother is happy for them to relocate with father)
Can he still apply for them under the Euss for is he too late ?
I have read the guidance but to be honest wasn't able to understand it as I am bit compromised when it comes to this type of complex terminology .

I appreciate the time you guys take out of your busy lives volunteering and am grateful for that.
This person I suspect was poorly advised in the past by Soliciors despite thousands of pounds cost.

Thank you .

Br28016
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Step children Euss scheme

Post by Br28016 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Can only speak from experience of being a relevant person of Northern Ireland with two step children, both under 18. Both were also non-EU nationals.

Both of step children qualified for EU settlement scheme with one getting pre settled status and the other settled status.

They were already in the UK on appendix FM status visas so no sole responsibility issues.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Step children Euss scheme

Post by New on forum » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:50 am

Br28016 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:21 pm
Can only speak from experience of being a relevant person of Northern Ireland with two step children, both under 18. Both were also non-EU nationals.

Both of step children qualified for EU settlement scheme with one getting pre settled status and the other settled status.

They were already in the UK on appendix FM status visas so no sole responsibility issues.
Thank you for your response.
Will advise the friend accordingly.
Any idea if there was or is a deadline to apply from overseas?