ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) - Document / Dated Certified Translation re-using?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Slight Confusion ILR(M) - Spousal VISA BRP Dates vs Entry

Post by cyrusgod » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi everyone.
As always grateful for the collective knowledge here; apologies if this is in the wrong part of the site.

I am probably being very silly but I find the stress of dealing with my wife's VISA process so bad, my mind always takes a slight wobble!

She arrived in the UK on 16th December 2016 and this is stamped on her old passport entry clearance vignette.
I presumed 5 years from this date would be her VISA expiry (we had a successful FLW(M) in 2019) and that this would match what is printed on her Biometric Residence Permit.

As we get closer to this date I have started looking closer at certain things and noticed her BRP "valid until" date is actually 15th January, 2022.

Does anyone know why this would have an additional month? Am I correct in assuming this is now her VISA "end date" and we should apply for ILR sometime in that final month? I don't want to apply at the end of December and find out my window for application was up until the 16th December!
Thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: Slight Confusion ILR(M) - Spousal VISA BRP Dates vs Entry

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:49 pm

Provided she had resided legally in the UK on the spousal visa for five continuous years, she can apply for ILR any time from 28 days before 16th December 2021 (so, from 19th November 2021 onwards) till the date of her visa expiry (15th January 2022).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:13 pm

In answer to your question
cyrusgod wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:32 pm
Does anyone know why this would have an additional month?
this has to do with the fact that her initial visa was for 33 months, the extension was for 30 months and the 30 months extension started from the date when the extension was granted
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Thank you both for the responses, she will be out of the country till around the 22nd December but great to know we will have up to the 15th January to make an application. I can sleep easier tonight :lol:

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

ILR SET(M) - Document / Dated Certified Translation re-using?

Post by cyrusgod » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 am

Hello everyone and thanks in advance as always for the advice you give on this great forum.

We are in the process of applying for my wife's SET(M) VISA on the 5 year route. Following a successful FLR(M) application in 2019 we still have many of the documents such as our marriage certificate, divorce certificate etc. These are all in Japanese and we paid to have these professionally translated at the time. We would prefer to avoid ordering originals from Japan & new translations due to the time/cost involved.

Hopefully two simple questions;

- even though the documents are dated from 2019, are we able to re-use them in this application?
- we have high quality scans but not the original documents. I think I am correct in saying uploading the scans are sufficient? Only passports need to be submitted as originals?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR SET(M) - Document / Dated Certified Translation re-using?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:28 am

cyrusgod wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 am
Hello everyone and thanks in advance as always for the advice you give on this great forum.

We are in the process of applying for my wife's SET(M) VISA on the 5 year route. Following a successful FLR(M) application in 2019 we still have many of the documents such as our marriage certificate, divorce certificate etc. These are all in Japanese and we paid to have these professionally translated at the time. We would prefer to avoid ordering originals from Japan & new translations due to the time/cost involved.

Hopefully two simple questions;

- even though the documents are dated from 2019, are we able to re-use them in this application? Yes
- we have high quality scans but not the original documents. I think I am correct in saying uploading the scans are sufficient? Only passports need to be submitted as originals? Yes

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Thank you AmazonianX. That is quite a relief. :D

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:38 pm

As we get close to submission I am revisiting some of the questions asked and would appreciate some advice.

Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? (YES)

Provide details
- What kind of detail are they looking for here?
Just a name / relationship to applicant OR full address with contact details? Full family tree or just direct family (mother/father/brother/sister?) My wife has quite a few cousins all now with families but that could be a huge amount of information to add!

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? (NO)

Explain why you do not have friends in any of these countries
Would it be sufficient to say we have lived in the UK since 2016 and our social life is now based in this country with our parents and children's friend's parents.

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? (NO)

Explain why not
We do of course go back to visit my wife's family but culturally with our children being in the UK education system we are committed to the UK (is this an OK answer?)

Appreciate your input; just not sure how much we need to go into this or if others have submitted recently, were they adding one or two sentences or hundreds of words!?

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:44 am

cyrusgod wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:38 pm
As we get close to submission I am revisiting some of the questions asked and would appreciate some advice.

Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? (YES)

Provide details
- What kind of detail are they looking for here?
Just a name / relationship to applicant OR full address with contact details? Full family tree or just direct family (mother/father/brother/sister?) My wife has quite a few cousins all now with families but that could be a huge amount of information to add! First narrative of detail you wrote up there will be enough.

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? (NO)

Explain why you do not have friends in any of these countries
Would it be sufficient to say we have lived in the UK since 2016 and our social life is now based in this country with our parents and children's friend's parents.

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years? (NO)

Explain why not
We do of course go back to visit my wife's family but culturally with our children being in the UK education system we are committed to the UK (is this an OK answer?)

Appreciate your input; just not sure how much we need to go into this or if others have submitted recently, were they adding one or two sentences or hundreds of words!?

Thanks in advance.
The answers you have up there sufficient, answer truthfully as it concerns your circumstances. It will appear the responses to these questions has no actual impact on the outcome of your application.

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:53 am

Thank you as always and have a lovely Christmas and New Year!

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:07 pm

Hi everyone, hopefully a simple post. Very close to our application now and about the only document I have left to collect is some proof of my wife passing her life in the UK test. So far we have put the reference number of the test into the online application form only as we weren't supplied anything else. I have just logged into the test portal and taken a screenshot that includes this and the pass result as well but wondering if there was anything else that is recommended? We never got anything in the post :(

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Entering the test reference on the form is sufficient
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Thank you Zimba. That is reassuring. Always worries, but we finally submitted all the documents online before her appointment on Thursday. Fingers crossed!