ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence required to show payment of a public fund (child benefit)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Javert
Newly Registered
Canada

Evidence required to show payment of a public fund (child benefit)

Post by Javert » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Good afternoon,

My wife and I are applying for ILR (tier 2 route), and she receives child benefit.

One of the document requirements is "Documents to show the public funds I or anyone else who is part of this application received any time during the 12-month period prior to the date of my application, showing payment for each of the public fund(s) I or anyone else who is part of this application received. For example, this can include bank statements or letters."

Bank statements are simple enough, but how many? Do we need to provide evidence of each payment, or just evidence of any payment (ie. one document)?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Evidence required to show payment of a public fund (child benefit)

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:55 pm

If you are under Tier 2 how are you claiming public funds ? What child benefits are you claiming ?

See: claiming-benefits/is-free-early-educati ... l#p1847411
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Javert
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Javert » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Child benefit is available to Canadians subject to immigration control due to a reciprocal social security arrangement.

See: https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-move-to-uk
You cannot claim Child Benefit if you’re subject to immigration control, unless you’re:
  • a sponsored immigrant - someone else has agreed to be financially responsible for you
  • from Albania, Morocco, San Marino, Tunisia or Turkey and working in the UK
  • from a country that has an agreement with the UK for Child Benefit
Countries that have an agreement with the UK are:

Barbados
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Canada
the Channel Islands
Israel
Kosovo
Mauritius
Montenegro
New Zealand
North Macedonia
Serbia
Switzerland

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:57 pm

There is no specific evidence to submit. Provide whatever you can. It is not very important in this case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice