ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is age a concern for Startup Visa?

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navsingla
Newly Registered

Is age a concern for Startup Visa?

Post by navsingla » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:28 am

Hi all,

I am looking for advise around Startup/Innovator visa for my dad who is 72 years now. After he retired from his job, he has been a freelance lawyer. But has a business idea that he would like to pursue in the UK as he will have help from me (I am a naturalized) British citizen. I wanted to get advise on whether his age will raise any concern when it comes to evaluating his case?

Also, he deosn't have prior business experience, but does have layout of funds for Innovator visa. Which of the two visa types can he go for? Looking forward to advise.

navsingla
Newly Registered

Re: Is age a concern for Startup Visa?

Post by navsingla » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 am

Any guidance on this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Is age a concern for Startup Visa?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:06 pm

He needs to discuss it with the endorsing body he is interested in.

The visa itself has no age restrictions, but the endorsing body may have concerns about his genuineness which they can discuss with him.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.