ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sent passport 3+ months ago for citizenship application, anyone else?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Sent passport 3+ months ago for citizenship application, anyone else?

Post by ultrablaze » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi all,

Just starting a side topic as I saw side conversations were not being allowed in the main "2021 citizenship applications thread".

I sent in my application on the 22nd of April, we are now over 3 months later and I haven't gotten my passport back, and wondering how many others are in the same boat? I'm starting to get a bit concerned as I saw a variety of people in that thread who sent in similar times and got them in June / early July.

I saw one user had contacted them and got the response "currently they are not looking for any new application", but wondering if this means anything in their current pile might be on hold for a given amount of time? I'll probably send an email of my own to them tomorrow to try and get some clarification. I had made plans to finally visit family after 2 years thinking 4 months after my application would be fine, but am now beginning to wonder...

Uuffdd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Sent passport 3+ months ago for citizenship application, anyone else?

Post by Uuffdd » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 pm

I’m in a similar boat, sent my application on 10th of May and still waiting. I sent them an email on 18th of June and received this response on 6th of July:

“Currently our office are processing applications submitted April 2021. You
will be hearing from us shortly.
Regards”

So very surprised you haven’t received it yet and I think you should email them.

Btw my application is non-EU, 5 years.

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 am

Alright, I will send an email now, did you use citizenshipinfo@justice.ie or is there another point of contact?

My application is also non-EU, 5 years.

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 am

Hi all,

I have applied for citizenship for my child and wife on 4th May 2021. No news since then.

KinsaleMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KinsaleMan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Yes, we are in the same boat same well. Waiting for return of passports since early May.

They have shared an update on https://www.irishimmigration.ie/notice- ... plication/ as below:
To help us to prioritise the processing of citizenship applications over the summer months, applicants are asked not to submit applications and accompanying passports between 25th June 2021 to 30 September 2021, if you think that you will require your passport during this time. If you are uncertain if you may require your passport over the coming months, please be advised we cannot guarantee the speedy return of your passport.

If you have already submitted your passport with an application and now require it for emergency travel reasons such as medical reasons or to sit medical examinations you should email us at citizenshipinfo@justice.ie setting out the reasons and provide 1) colour scanned copies of the supporting documentation such as a letter from your medical consultant or timetable of exams from the relevant examination institute/authority, 2) the An Post tracking number of your application and 3) date of receipt in the Citizenship Tipperary office.

This service is solely for the purposes of emergency travel and for the reasons stated above.
They can't guarantee the speedy return of passports. Unfortunately, I saw this announcement after submitting the passports one month earlier.

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Indeed, but I don't think this was up at the time when I sent it.

I'm sure we can all understand there being some significant delays at the moment but hopefully they are trying to work out something so that people's passports aren't held for 3-4 months going forward...

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Passports have been held for more than 2-3 months since last year.
Accordingly, the notice was published on the Citizenship website advising not to submit applications and passports if you believe you will need it soon as it is not possible to return them quickly.
If you need your passport, request it back and explain why. If your passport has not been verified yet, you will be told to send it back after returning.

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:54 am

Hi, Same here wife sent her application with passport on 07/04/2021 no sign of return emailed them many times no reply last email they requested tracking number which we sent nothing after that nearly 4 months now

roamingbee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by roamingbee » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:02 am

I'm in the same boat. My application was received on April 21st and I've emailed them twice with no luck. I've lost about 200 euro and had to reschedule my flight back home twice now.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Yeh its a bummer.

People who applied in Feb/March 2021 got the Passports back in less than 2 months.

I suppose they are devoting now thier full attention to clearing all the 2018 to 2019 backlogs.

Lets hope the wait is not too long.

lilirere
Newly Registered

Post by lilirere » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:36 pm

ultrablaze wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm
Hi all,

Just starting a side topic as I saw side conversations were not being allowed in the main "2021 citizenship applications thread".

I sent in my application on the 22nd of April, we are now over 3 months later and I haven't gotten my passport back, and wondering how many others are in the same boat? I'm starting to get a bit concerned as I saw a variety of people in that thread who sent in similar times and got them in June / early July.

I saw one user had contacted them and got the response "currently they are not looking for any new application", but wondering if this means anything in their current pile might be on hold for a given amount of time? I'll probably send an email of my own to them tomorrow to try and get some clarification. I had made plans to finally visit family after 2 years thinking 4 months after my application would be fine, but am now beginning to wonder...
I sent in applications for my kids at the end of 2020 and just recently got their passports returned--more than half a year later.

gauravkaila
Newly Registered
India

Post by gauravkaila » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:21 am

Hi,

Has anyone heard back about the status of their application? I sent in my application on 17th May and still waiting.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:31 am

Nothing gaurav. No clue what the department is upto and what the hold-up is. I know people who applied after June 25, 2021 are likely to experience more delays.

Lets hope we get ours Passports soon. I applied for my dependent June 1st this year.

gauravkaila
Newly Registered
India

Post by gauravkaila » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks, Raja. Hope so as well. I sent an email to the citizenship desk a few days back, waiting to hear back (hopefully).

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:28 pm

gauravkaila wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 am
Thanks, Raja. Hope so as well. I sent an email to the citizenship desk a few days back, waiting to hear back (hopefully).
I emailed them on 1st of August n still no reply.

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Still nothing for me, as I said in the topic head 21st of April I sent mine in and still no sign of anything. No response to my email on the topic from the 27th of July, I might send another one.

Definitely concerning, I had booked tickets to a wedding abroad 25th of August but no clue if I'll be able to go at this point.

I would really appreciate any type of information from them at this point, if they have put all passport checks on hold till some date it would be great if they could communicate this at the very least... Pretty outrageous in my opinion to take someone's passport and hold it for soon 4 months with no news, as a non-EU citizen I have no other actual ID let alone something I can use to travel.

I'm wondering what I would do if I had an emergency abroad. They claim you can ask for it to be returned for an emergency, but has anyone actually tried that? Do they pick out and handle those emails and ignore the rest?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:55 pm

ultrablaze wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 pm
I'm wondering what I would do if I had an emergency abroad. They claim you can ask for it to be returned for an emergency, but has anyone actually tried that? Do they pick out and handle those emails and ignore the rest?
They never ignore emails as long as it's related to their team and always reply, although expect delays.
If you don't have another travel document and want to travel urgently, speak to the consulate of your home country, they will give you an emergency passport, it can be used to go back home one way only.

KinsaleMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KinsaleMan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:41 pm

No update since the 13th of May. It's really frustrating how they handle the process. They could just scan the passports and then return them to the owners. Would it take 1 hour to scan a single passport? don't think so. Still can't understand why they have to hold passports with them for months. Unbelievable!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm

KinsaleMan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:41 pm
No update since the 13th of May. It's really frustrating how they handle the process. They could just scan the passports and then return them to the owners. Would it take 1 hour to scan a single passport? don't think so. Still can't understand why they have to hold passports with them for months. Unbelievable!
Tell me about it. The department can't organize a piss up in a brewery. Unreal!

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Hello everyone wife got her passport back today she applied on 07/04/21 she got call 2 days ago got her passport back today good news don’t worry you will get your’s back soon I hope they are working on April Applications now good luck

gauravkaila
Newly Registered
India

Post by gauravkaila » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:12 pm

Hey! Did anyone get their passports back in the last week? I see some people who applied between 17-21 April get their passports back recently but nothing after that. Also, did anyone manage to get a reply back from the citizenship team about the status of their application? I emailed twice in the last month but no reply.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm

Nothing at all from the team. God only knows what they are upto.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:23 am

INIScustomercomplaints@justice.ie
(to complain about a service or application from ISD).

lucemi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lucemi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Im awaiting since the 20th of May, the average seems to be 4 months to get the passport back