ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after switching visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier22
Newly Registered
South Africa

ILR after switching visa

Post by tier22 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:49 pm

My wife and I came to the UK on her tier 2 general visa (her as the main member and me as the spouse/dependant). A year later, we switched, so that I was on a tier 2 visa, and she was the spouse/ dependant.

When it comes to LTR, will it matter that we were on different visa's for 1 year of the 5 continuous years we have been living in the UK? Does it have to be the same visa - 5 years of me being the main member?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR after switching visa

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Yes, it does matter. To get ILR, the main applicant needs 5 years under the Tier 2/Skilled route. The dependant needs 5 years under the dependant visa. So when you switched your ILR clocks reset to zero
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice