ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence re absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 2 -> ILR

Post by wwwt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi there

I think I'm ready to submit my application but have a few questions:
1. When did you first enter the UK? - I've put the start of my Tier 2 visa. Although I've been here since 2012 on a Tier 4 visa. Is that ok?
2. I'm going for the 5 day priority service. I'm still waiting for documentation from my employers. Do I wait until I have completed documentation before paying or can I pay first and wait for the documentation to come in?
3. In the list they have not asked for my P60s but I'm thinking if I should include this? I have every copy for the past 5 years except one year is missing. Is this an issue?

Thanks so much for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 -> ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:12 pm

1. Fine.

2. Wait for the documents. They need to be dated on or before the date of application.

3. You do NOT need P60s for 5 years. Only submit what is required, not what you think might be needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Thank you!

Regarding what you said about only including what was asked. The list asks for me to sign a consent form and also my joint account holder however, they didn't ask for a specific document around this? What will they be checking for exactly? I'm pre-emptively including a printed mortgage statement that is under me and my partner's name. Is that ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Why are you submitting a mortgage statement??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:31 pm

It was for this question in the application: Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Is this only for my bank account to evidence my pay? what is the utility company about?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 pm

You only need your most recent payslip and bank statement. You do not need anything else unless you have a dependent applying with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Evidence re absence

Post by wwwt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:40 am

Hi there

I'm on Tier 2 applying ILR.

Regarding: Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies

I've drafted the letter (template from here too, thanks!) for my employer and ONLY included absences for outside the UK in the last 5 years. My diligent manager is challenging me now whether the letter needs to include ALL work absences like sick leave and in the UK holidays.

Is he right or am I? Thanks again!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Evidence re absence

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 am

First of all DO NOT start new posts. Stick to this thread regarding your ILR :!:
There is no specific evidence: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:00 am

Sincere apologies, Zimba! I'll know for next time.

I can see that official government documentation however, in the document list on my application, one of the checkbox is the below:
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies

I'm nervous about ticking it and then not producing the document. My employer is just asking whether the letter should be just for the periods outside the UK or ALL absences including in the UK?

Thank you so much!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:49 am

I showed you what the immigration rules say regarding this. There is no specific evidence and the list is generic. You are overthinking this. You other absences are irrelevant to your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 am

Thanks Zimba. I think so too. I'll just progress with the template that I have.

Another question. I am thinking about submitting my application this week when I get the employer letter back. I am going down the 5 day route.

In parallel, I will be renewing my passport in London on the 28th Oct. Do you think I will get my passport back by then for my renewal? I was also hoping to travel to Europe at the end of Oct. Could I travel to Europe on my new passport without my BRP if I don't get it in time?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:01 am

wwwt wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 am
Thanks Zimba. I think so too. I'll just progress with the template that I have.

Another question. I am thinking about submitting my application this week when I get the employer letter back. I am going down the 5 day route.

In parallel, I will be renewing my passport in London on the 28th Oct. Do you think I will get my passport back by then for my renewal? I was also hoping to travel to Europe at the end of Oct. Could I travel to Europe on my new passport without my BRP if I don't get it in time? No
You will need your BRP for the airline to allow you on your return flight. Ensure you have BRP or suspend the travel.

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:07 am

Thinking about going for the 5 day route. Do I have to submit my passport when I upload my documents or can I just scan every page? Thanks.

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:58 am

Also my company has produced a financial reference with my SOC code and everything but it doesn't state the below point very specifically:
still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future, and in the case of Tier 2 (General),

Is this an issue?

Many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:54 pm

They need to mention that they need you for the foreseeable future

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:23 am

Thanks Zimba. I'm thinking about going for the 5 day application route. Do I have to submit my passport when I upload my documents or can I just scan every page? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:53 pm

No physical document is taken from you. You upload all relevant evidence

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Thank you.

Another quick question. One I'm quite nervous about now that I've just noticed.

My name on my degree certificate is in a different order than my name on my passport and bank accounts. Is this going to be an issue?

E.g. My name is Whitney A B C in my passport and back account but it is Whitney B C A on my degree certificate.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Not an issue

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Thank you so much, Zimba! Last one from me I hope.

In my sponsor letter, they wrote:
- name/date of employment
-i am needed for foreseeable future
- soc code and description
- my current pay and no. of hours

they missed out confirming that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsor. <- is this bit an issue?

My pay is very much over the SOC min pay.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:31 pm

Tier 2 does not exist anymore. If they mentioned the pay then it is enough
Sponsorship and salary
The eligibility rules (paragraph SW 24.1.) require the sponsor to still hold a Skilled
Worker licence. The sponsor must confirm they require the applicant to work for
them for the foreseeable future, and the applicant will be paid at least the minimum
salary in paragraph SW 24.3. for the foreseeable future. The sponsor should not
assign a new CoS for this purpose – an e-mail or letter is sufficient, as long as it can
be verified with the sponsor if necessary.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Thanks Zimba. I think what I meant to say was, my company didn't include my current SOC's rate of pay and confirm that my current pay is more than the SOC's minimum amount. I think that's ok?

The letter doesn't contain my employer's sponsorship number but I have included it in application from the first time I applied for Tier 2. I assume that's ok?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 pm

I showed you once again what the rules say. If there is no specific requirement then there is no specific requirement to include such information

wwwt
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by wwwt » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:14 pm

SET (O) Tier 2 to ILR application
Application submitted: 23rd September
Biometric: 25th September
Decision email: 30th September
BRP received: 5th October

Thank you all so much for your help! Eternally grateful!

quoala
Mood:

Post by quoala » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:08 am

Congrats! What service did you go for?
wwwt wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:14 pm
SET (O) Tier 2 to ILR application
Application submitted: 23rd September
Biometric: 25th September
Decision email: 30th September
BRP received: 5th October

Thank you all so much for your help! Eternally grateful!