ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

am14
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Absence proof

Post by am14 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Dear experts,

I am on a Skilled Worker visa and getting ready to apply for my ILR SET(O), I'd sincerely appreciate your guidance on the following 2 questions.

1. Can I provide the entry/exit stamps on my USA passport as proof for absence from the UK in the last 5 years? I have made a lot of short trips for work and vacation, though I am not in breach of the 180 rule within any 12months. I have changed 3 jobs in last 5 years, so letters from previous employers are not an option.
I do have some tickets and boarding passes on emails, should I attach those?

2. As mentioned, I am in my 3rd job since working in the UK from Aug 2016. I have had periods of unemployment between the jobs, though my Tier 2 visa was not curtailed.
Does this pose an issue to qualify for applying for the ILR? I understand the 60-day between jobs rule has been scrapped, though does this period of unemployment need to be listed somewhere?

Many thanks for your help!
AM

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Absence proof

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:24 pm

1. Passport pages are enough
2. Periods of unemployment are not an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

am14
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by am14 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Thank you Zimba!

Couple of follow-up questions (hopefully final questions!)
1. Some of the entry stamps don't show up on passport since I must've used the e-gates at UK entry. How should I manage those? Should I write something in description; can they find proof of it on another system at their end?

2. While listing each of the trips outside UK, should I add how many days in the description or will they do the counting (getting nitpicky!). I have many 2-3 day work trips and weekend vacation trips.

Appreciate the advice!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:22 am

1. There is no need to actually provide proof. UKVI has your records of entry/exit
2. No need. Just provide the period. ONLY full days count
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

am14
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by am14 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:42 am

Thanks a lot Zimba!

am14
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by am14 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:16 pm

Hi experts, I have an additional question as I complete the application for ILR.

In the documents required section, it asks for (in separate lines with boxes to check)
1. Current BRP
2. Evidence of immigration status in UK
3. Passport issued by USA
4. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

Q1. What do I submit for #2? Isn't the BRP my evidence for immigration status?

Q2. I do not have any previous passports or id cards expect for USA passport. What do I submit for #4? They are not asking for previous BRPs I assume? Or my old cancelled India passport since I entered UK in 2016 as a USA citizen?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:59 pm

Submit only BRP and any passport used in the last 5 years

am14
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by am14 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Just to confirm, I check the boxes for all 4, and submit BRP and current passport since these suffice for the 4 required documents?
Thank you Zimba!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

yes