ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tboy4u

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Tboy4u » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi guys, what does this part of the Home Office email means "Please return the cancelled card in a plain envelope (one without a window) together with a copy of this letter or a covering note which clearly explains the reason for return."

secret.simon

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:50 pm

Assuming that an application that you made was successful, it means exactly what it says.

Return the old BRP (which should no longer be valid, if new leave has been granted) to the address provided in the manner provided.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tboy4u

Post by Tboy4u » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:38 am

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am confused with this part in the bracket - (one without a window) ? what do they mean?

afriley

Post by afriley » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:25 am

Some envelopes have a transparent window to see the address through. Don’t use those. Use the most simple plain paper envelope.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 am

Tboy4u wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:38 am
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am confused with this part in the bracket - (one without a window) ? what do they mean?
Use totally enclosed envelope. This in some ways will prevent your details being exposed unduely and limit the likelihood of falling into wrong hands/ identity theft.

Tboy4u

Post by Tboy4u » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Thank you so much guys!

Tboy4u

Post by Tboy4u » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:44 pm

Guys, is this legit? I received this email from TNT - "We were unable to post your item(s) as we need a signature from you." Do they require this? And my application ref number? Thank you.