ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of Family Visa extension approval if sponsor doesn't meet minimum income threshold?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Chances of Family Visa extension approval if sponsor doesn't meet minimum income threshold?

Post by tabqur » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:27 pm

Dear Group Members,

I have a question regarding Family (Spouse and Kids) visa extension.

What can be the possible outcome if the sponsor can’t meet the minimum income threshold requirement (considering all other requirements of the visa extension are fulfilled)? The visa can be refused or shifted towards 10 year settlement route?

The situation is as under:
Current Visa is expiring in April 2022 and the sponsor’s current job contract will finish at the end of March, 2022. Considering the fact that visa can be applied 28 days prior to its expiry, if the visa applications are submitted between 15-20 March 2022, will home office consider the circumstances/documents at the time of application submission or they will consider the later facts as well?

Please share your experience. I will appreciate your responses for this query.

Many Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Chances of Family Visa extension approval if sponsor doesn't meet minimum income threshold?

Post by TODMATT » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:45 pm

tabqur wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Dear Group Members,

What can be the possible outcome if the sponsor can’t meet the minimum income threshold requirement (considering all other requirements of the visa extension are fulfilled)? The visa can be refused or shifted towards 10 year settlement route?

Current Visa is expiring in April 2022 and the sponsor’s current job contract will finish at the end of March, 2022. Considering the fact that visa can be applied 28 days prior to its expiry, if the visa applications are submitted between 15-20 March 2022, will home office consider the circumstances/documents at the time of application submission or they will consider the later facts as well?

Many Thanks.

You can still meet the financial requirements as your leave expire April 2022 and as long as you have been working 6 months prior before the date of the application and you meet the financial requirement then you should be ok because you will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for this route.

It’s best to avoid it if you can and documents should be prior before the date of the application.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Chances of Family Visa extension approval if sponsor doesn't meet minimum income threshold?

Post by tabqur » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry didn't get you on this "because you will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for this route" ????

You mean to say that at the time of application submission, if sponsor meet all financial requirements then the settlement route will be 5 years. Did I get it correct?

For example, online application submission date is 20 March, 2022. Prior to this date, more than 6 months job continuity with higher than minimum income threshold condition meet. Even the contract finishes by 30 March 2022, Home office will consider application for 5 years route settlement????

I hope the situation is a bit more clear.

Many Thanks.

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tabqur » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:45 pm
tabqur wrote:
Dear Group Members,

Many Thanks.

You can still meet the financial requirements as your leave expire April 2022 and as long as you have been working 6 months prior before the date of the application and you meet the financial requirement then you should be ok because you will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for this route.

It’s best to avoid it if you can and documents should be prior before the date of the application.
‐---‐--------------------------'

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry didn't get you on this "because you will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for this route" ????

You mean to say that at the time of application submission, if sponsor meet all financial requirements then the settlement route will be 5 years. Did I get it correct?

For example, online application submission date is 20 March, 2022. Prior to this date, more than 6 months job continuity with higher than minimum income threshold condition meet. Even the contract finishes by 30 March 2022, Home office will consider application for 5 years route settlement????

Many Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:09 am

tabqur wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 pm
TODMATT wrote:
tabqur wrote:
Dear Group Members,

Many Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry didn't get you on this "because you will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for this route" ???? An extension of a spouse visa is looked based on two approach. If the applicant meet the criteria set under the 5 years route otherwise caseworker will looked at the application under exceptional circumstances if you meet the criteria so if you don't meet both criteria then your application will be refused.

You mean to say that at the time of application submission, if sponsor meet all financial requirements then the settlement route will be 5 years. Did I get it correct? Yes

For example, online application submission date is 20 March, 2022. Prior to this date, more than 6 months job continuity with higher than minimum income threshold condition meet. Even the contract finishes by 30 March 2022, Home office will consider application for 5 years route settlement???? Yes because the requirement was met at the date of submission of the application online

Many Thanks.

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tabqur » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:30 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:09 am
tabqur wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 pm
TODMATT wrote:
tabqur wrote:
Dear Group Members,

Many Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry didn't get you on this "because you will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for this route" ???? An extension of a spouse visa is looked based on two approach. If the applicant meet the criteria set under the 5 years route otherwise caseworker will looked at the application under exceptional circumstances if you meet the criteria so if you don't meet both criteria then your application will be refused.

You mean to say that at the time of application submission, if sponsor meet all financial requirements then the settlement route will be 5 years. Did I get it correct? Yes

For example, online application submission date is 20 March, 2022. Prior to this date, more than 6 months job continuity with higher than minimum income threshold condition meet. Even the contract finishes by 30 March 2022, Home office will consider application for 5 years route settlement???? Yes because the requirement was met at the date of submission of the application online

Many Thanks.

Dear todmatt,

Thank you for explaining it.

How early can the FLR extension be applied? Is it 28 days prior to visa expiry date or as soon as 30 months of initial visa is completed?

Many Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm

"The applicant should be advised that, where eligible, they should make a valid
application for further leave to remain as a partner no more than 28 days before their
extant leave is due to expire, or no more than 28 days before they have completed
30 months in the UK with such leave. "

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tabqur » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:50 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm
application for further leave to remain as a partner no more than 28 days before their
extant leave is due to expire, or no more than 28 days before they have completed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello TODMATT,

It means that once 30 months are completed, the FLR extension for spouse and kids can be applied anytime before the expiry of current leave (i.e. 8/04/2022) ?

Arrival date in the UK: 03/08/2019

30 months will be completed on 03/02/2022

FLR extension application can be submitted online anytime after 07/02/2022.

Did I get it right?

Many Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:11 am

tabqur wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:50 pm
TODMATT wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello TODMATT,

It means that once 30 months are completed, the FLR extension for spouse and kids can be applied anytime before the expiry of current leave (i.e. 8/04/2022) ?

30 months will be completed on 03/02/2022 You can apply anytime from here without any issues as you have been here for 30 months so this guarantee protection for future ILR.

Did I get it right?

Many Thanks

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tabqur » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:43 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:11 am
tabqur wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:50 pm
TODMATT wrote:

Hello TODMATT,

30 months will be completed on 03/02/2022 You can apply anytime from here without any issues as you have been here for 30 months so this guarantee protection for future ILR.

Did I get it right?

Many Thanks

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reply.

Initial visa length was 33 months and when entered in the UK, 32 months visa was left.

When we apply after completion of 30-months, the coming FLR visa should be for 27 months or it will be more than 27 months (to complete 60 months for 5 year settlement route followed by ILR applciation)?

Also the same rule apply for kids application?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:48 pm

An FLR M extension is granted for 2.5 years (30 months) from date of approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tabqur » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:48 pm
An FLR M extension is granted for 2.5 years (30 months) from date of approval.
Thank you for reply.

Ss from approval date even if you loss 1-2 months from previous leave, it will not make any difference in the total time duration. I hope I got it correct.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 pm

If you have upto 28 days left on your previous leave, then it will be added onto your 2.5 so you could be given 2.6 in your BRP card.

tabqur
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tabqur » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Thank you for confirmation.