ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel and IRP Expiry

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Travel and IRP Expiry

Post by Lorenna » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:15 am

Hi all,

I've booked a trip next year to visit my husbands family for 3 weeks. He won't have been home for a number of years now due to covid so we wanted to take a longer trip...and will hopefully be able to travel next year!

I only realised today however that his current IRP expires in less than 5 weeks after we are due to return from our trip.

My question is, will we have any issues re entering ireland when his IRP only will have 4-5 weeks validity left? We will be traveling together. I'll already have his appointment for renewal booked too.

Or instead...how early can we renew his permission? We will be gone for 3 weeks and he will have 4 weeks left on it. So if we were to renew early we would have to be doing it 9 weeks early. That's probably too early right? We live outside Dublin so no online renewal.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travel and IRP Expiry

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 am

You won’t have any issue as long as the card is valid. The earliest time you can renew the card is one month before expiry.