ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling from UK to EU if a non-EU/UK with EU Scheme Pre Settled status

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

liamwi
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Travelling from UK to EU if a non-EU/UK with EU Scheme Pre Settled status

Post by liamwi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Hello.

Apologies if a repeat, but I could not find this asked anywhere else.

I am British and my wife is Mongolian and has a Mongolian passport. We managed to gain an EU Scheme (Pre Settled) Visa for her last year. I want us to travel to Denmark for a few weeks on holiday. I have read and searched extensively and have concluded she will need to apply for a Schengen visa to travel there (through Holland to Denmark). I presume that her EU Scheme visa has no authority in the EU and she will be treated as a Mongolian citizen. Has anyone any experience of travelling from the UK with this sort of situation?

Thank you!

Liam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling from UK to EU if a non-EU/UK with EU Scheme Pre Settled status

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Her late settled status is irrelevant to travelling in the EU. She needs a Schengen visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jackiepham
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Travelling from UK to EU if a non-EU/UK with EU Scheme Pre Settled status

Post by jackiepham » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 am

Hi Liam,

I am Vietnamese but live in the UK together with my Polish husband. I have obtained the pre-settled status earlier this year. I am currently in Spain for holidays with my husband and in order to cross the border, I had to apply for 3-month visa. So I believe same goes to your wife since she's not European. The visa application process was seamless though. I got it within 2 weeks since date of application.

Hope this helps.
Jackie