ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dedekind
Newly Registered

Applying for citizenship after ILR for parents and child

Post by dedekind » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:43 am

Hello,

I am sorry for the silly question, but am a bit confused.

We (me, my wife and my child) were granted ILR on the basis of residence last year (March 2020). My child was born in the UK when we were on a Tier 2 visa. We are now trying to apply for citizenship for the three of us.

My child is under 18 so I suppose the application will be based on "parents having been granted ILR". I also understand this is a different application than for each of the parents.

Is it sensible to submit all applications independently, but at the same time? Or should we parents apply first, get the citizenship and then submit my child's application?

Would be nice if there was a "family application", there is no such thing right?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for citizenship after ILR for parents and child

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:27 am

For naturalisation there is no concept of family or group application. Each applicant is assessed individually and there may be more than one caseworker dealing with your applications. Nevertheless, you can apply together, including your child using the same online account. For the child it is registration (MN1) and can be input once you have done the adults naturalisation (AN) applications. There's no advantage in applying later for your child, except perhaps for having to pay the fee later.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dedekind
Newly Registered

Post by dedekind » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:27 am
For naturalisation there is no concept of family or group application. Each applicant is assessed individually and there may be more than one caseworker dealing with your applications. Nevertheless, you can apply together, including your child using the same online account. For the child it is registration (MN1) and can be input once you have done the adults naturalisation (AN) applications. There's no advantage in applying later for your child, except perhaps for having to pay the fee later.
Thanks! Any reason why we should do AN before MN1?

Also, do we need to physically be without passports for the whole length of the application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:54 am

At the end of an AN application you can add additional applicants, such as spouse or child under 18. In the case of child the system will adapt to MN1 application. You don't submit any original documents, just load scans of passport and other documents. You retain the originals.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dedekind
Newly Registered

Driving offences

Post by dedekind » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:39 am

Hello,

I am applying for british citizenship after ILR and apparently I need to declare all my driving offences, both here in the UK and in any other country. I find it hard to remember, to be honest, since I know I've had at least a couple of parking tickets and a speeding ticket in the USA. I am certain that I had a speeding ticket in Germany as well some years ago. But I can't remember any of the details of them, not the dates, not the fines.. how am I supposed to declare these?

In the UK I have only a couple of parking notices, e.g. one where I parked in a car park and forgot to pay beforehand, so ended up paying a lot more on the fine. Does this kind of thing count?