ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent to ILR (Tier4+Tier2 dependent)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

broutt_tres
Newly Registered
South Africa

Dependent to ILR (Tier4+Tier2 dependent)

Post by broutt_tres » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 am

Dear gurus, I have benefitted a lot from your advice here and just registered today to ask one question.

I am eligible for ILR after 5 years in Tier 2. My wife has been in my dependent visa continously for more than 7 years. But her dependent visa under Tier 2 is below five years and only spans 4 years and 7 months. Before that she was in dependent visa under Tier 4 general. My question is can she apply for ILR with me now?

Below is the visa category she had
Tier 4 dependent: 2014 to 2017 January
Tier 2 dependent: 2017 January to 2021 September (her visa expires later this month).

I would be grateful if you could advise me if my wife is eligible to apply for ILR now using Set(o) form under the 5-year route as dependent.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Dependent to ILR (Tier4+Tier2 dependent)

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am

Tier 2 dependant or Tier 4 dependant did not exist as separate visa routes. They were all ONE category: PBS dependant visa. 5 years under that visa counts for ILR under PBS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice