ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reclaim IHS Surcharge of unused visa due to covid restrictions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jithesh
Newly Registered

Reclaim IHS Surcharge of unused visa due to covid restrictions

Post by jithesh » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi,

My Wife got Tier 2 General visa for two years from her company in March 2020, until March 2023. But she failed to travel back to UK from India within the vignette visa deadline, due to maternity period and covid travel restrictions. Due to compliance issues, her employer asked her to resign the job and she did.

This year on May 2021 she travelled to UK on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. She rejoined the same job and her employer is happy to give her sponsorship. We havent reclaimed any expenses that we paid last time.

Is it possible to reclaim my previous surcharges which i paid for three years ? or
Is it possible to transfer the old visa to new sponsorship? or
Is there anyway I dont pay the same charges again?

Please note this time also they are issuing sponsorship for next three years.

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

Kind regards,
Jithesh

secret.simon

Re: Reclaim IHS Surcharge of unused visa due to covid restrictions

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 pm

jithesh wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Is it possible to reclaim my previous surcharges which i paid for three years ? or
I doubt you will get a refund.
Pay for UK healthcare as part of your immigration application : Refunds wrote:You will not get a refund if:
  • your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
And if you don't get a refund, I suspect that neither can you reuse those funds in aid of another application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jithesh
Newly Registered

Post by jithesh » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Thank you for your reply.

jithesh
Newly Registered

Double dependant visa

Post by jithesh » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:54 am

Hi,

Thanks again for my previous question.

I got a very good offer in Dublin, Ireland and they want me to relocate.

My wife recently got sponsorship until 2023, and is in Tier 2 PBS visa in UK.

Can she ask work remotely from Ireland without impacting her visa status and job in UK? Is there any regulations for that?

I lose my right to stay or work visa in UK once I resigned from my current company.

Is it possible to apply dependent visa for me and my son here in UK and she and my son as my dependent in Ireland? Are double dependents visa allowed in different countries?

We are quite confused and trying to work out without losing her job in UK, because she worked so hard for that and dont want to lose it and i cant stay away without seeing my son :( i cant take away from him, he is a mumma boy :cry:

Kind regards,
Aneesha

jithesh
Newly Registered

Post by jithesh » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi CR001,

Sorry I didn’t get you. What was your reply?

Did I PM you?

I thought I replied to Secret.Simon here

Regards,
Jithesh

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:23 am

jithesh wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:54 am
Hi,

Thanks again for my previous question.

I got a very good offer in Dublin, Ireland and they want me to relocate.

My wife recently got sponsorship until 2023, and is in Tier 2 PBS visa in UK.

Can she ask work remotely from Ireland without impacting her visa status and job in UK? Is there any regulations for that?

I lose my right to stay or work visa in UK once I resigned from my current company.

Is it possible to apply dependent visa for me and my son here in UK and she and my son as my dependent in Ireland? Are double dependents visa allowed in different countries?

We are quite confused and trying to work out without losing her job in UK, because she worked so hard for that and dont want to lose it and i cant stay away without seeing my son :( i cant take away from him, he is a mumma boy :cry:

Kind regards,
Aneesha
If your wife can work remotely, look at the whole family moving to Northern Ireland. She can work from there on her UK visa.

There are regular trains running between Belfast (and other places in Northern Ireland, such as Newry and Portadown) and Dublin multiple times daily.

It will be a slightly long commute (2.5 hours Belfast-Dublin, 1.5 hours Newry-Dublin, each way), but it is possible to manage such an arrangement, with each of you employed in the UK and Ireland respectively.

Keep in mind tha long absences from the UK can have an impact on not just immigration, but also naturalisation years later. One of the requirements of naturalisation is physical presence in the UK exactly five years before the date of naturalisation application. Long periods of absence now may have an impact five years down the line.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jithesh
Newly Registered

Post by jithesh » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Will try that.

What if we stay in Dublin and how frequent we should travel back to UK, to not to lose her visa status?

Kind regards,
Jithesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:26 pm

The purpose of her visa is to be in the UK working for her sponsoring employer.

If she is not required to be in the UK to work for her sponsor, then she doesn't need a tier 2 dependent visa.

The sponsor and your spouse have to meet the requirements and rules for a visa. If she leaves the UK, her visa could be cancelled.

Note also that tier 2 has specific absence limits for every rolling 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.