ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what status will my children born outside uk has

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benefit10

what status will my children born outside uk has

Post by benefit10 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:40 pm

I am a British citizen ,I brought my wife into uk on a spouse visa while my 2 kids she has for me are with her grandma outside of uk ,now I am thinking of bringing my children now ,as they were born outside uk before I became British citizen pls can u advice me pls
1) what application to submit for them
2) what status will they get as I am hoping they will get indefinite leave as they are 7yrs old and 4yrs old .pls what do u think .thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what status will my children born outside uk has

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:57 pm

1. Child settlement visa under Appendix FM.

2. They will get a visa with the same length and conditions as your spouse. You will have to meet the financial requirements and adequate accommodation.

They don't qualify for indefinite leave. They will only qualify for ILR when your spouse does and must apply when she does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

benefit10

Post by benefit10 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 pm

thanks cr001,I will like to ask few questions .my wife's first spouse visa is due for renewal around Sept 2022,if I bring my children in around March 2022, does that mean I have to renew the kids visa with their mum around Sept 2022 again or once they are in uk,I should just renew the kids too when their mum is due for indefinite leave ,what do u think pls

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm

The visas for the children will be issued in line with that of the less-privileged parent (the mother in this case). So they will follow the same visas as the mother.

You could wait for the mother's spousal visa renewal in September 2022, have that renewed and then apply for the children. That way, the children will not need another visa renewal.

Keep in mind that the Minimum Income Requirement will go up to £24,800 as you will be sponsoring a spouse and two children. And IHS will be payable on all three applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 pm

You were also advised of all of this last year when you asked. Nothing has changed and the same advice still applies.

british-citizenship/registering-childre ... l#p1902851
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.