ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When I can extend my Tier-2 visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amkay

When I can extend my Tier-2 visa?

Post by amkay » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi all,

I have a Tier-2 visa and I want to know when is the earliest time that I can apply for the extension of my visa? My employer told me three months before the expiry date of my visa but I can't find it in Home Office website and documents. I want to know is it correct or they can issue a new CoS earlier for me?

vinny

Re: When I can extend my Tier-2 visa?

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 pm

I believe there are no restrictions with extensions. So, anytime before expiry of leave. However, you should not apply for ILR sooner than 28 days prior to completing the qualifying period for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amkay

Post by amkay » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:20 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 pm
I believe there are no restrictions with extensions. So, anytime before expiry of leave. However, you should not apply for ILR sooner than 28 days prior to completing the qualifying period for ILR.
Many thanks for your response. Can I give reference to any immigration rule or anything in Home Office documents to convince my employer?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 am

Decision on an application as a Skilled Worker
SW 17.1. If the decision maker is satisfied all the suitability and relevant eligibility requirements for a Skilled Worker are met, the application will be granted, otherwise the application will be refused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.