ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Text or email confirmation received for supporting documents sent to passport office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kruti2506
Newly Registered
India

No Text or email confirmation received for supporting documents sent to passport office

Post by kruti2506 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:06 am

Hello,

I recently applied for my first adult UK passport after naturalization and sent my supporting documents via special delivery. As per royal mail website the documents were delivered to the BOOTLE office on 13/09/2021. Its been 4 days now today (16/09/2021) and i have yet not received any confirmation text or email from the passport office saying they have received my documents. I am quite worried about what would have happened to my documents. Can some one advice on typical timelines to receive the confirmation text from them after the documents are delivered?

K187

Re: No Text or email confirmation received for supporting documents sent to passport office

Post by K187 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:29 am

I would not worry i received text message after 5 days of them receiving my documents.Im sure they go through hundreds of documents everyday which they have to sort out .As long has you know its been delivered you will be fine.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Re: No Text or email confirmation received for supporting documents sent to passport office

Post by Mrsdoc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:51 am

kruti2506 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:06 am
Hello,

I recently applied for my first adult UK passport after naturalization and sent my supporting documents via special delivery. As per royal mail website the documents were delivered to the BOOTLE office on 13/09/2021. Its been 4 days now today (16/09/2021) and i have yet not received any confirmation text or email from the passport office saying they have received my documents. I am quite worried about what would have happened to my documents. Can some one advice on typical timelines to receive the confirmation text from them after the documents are delivered?
Hi,
I am in the same boat as you. My docs were delivered and signed for on the 15/09/21 at BOOTLE passport office and I have not received an acknowledgment yet. I guess, as another member stated they have tons of letters daily to go through so we just have to be patient.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Bump

My passport application supporting documents were marked as delivered on the 01/10/21 by Royal Mail (special delivery).

Its been 10 days and still no confirmation is this normal? Application still says send documents.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:48 am

I guess its normal since mine took 4 days for the Bootle office to update the system .

Now after they have updated my application with received documents , its been 3 days and it still says the same lol so i guess in general the application stages are quite slow

Any idea how long Bootle HMPO is taking to process an application?

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:06 pm

yomishu wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:48 am
I guess its normal since mine took 4 days for the Bootle office to update the system .

Now after they have updated my application with received documents , its been 3 days and it still says the same lol so i guess in general the application stages are quite slow

Any idea how long Bootle HMPO is taking to process an application?
No idea. Mine went to Peterborough still no confirmation. A bit unsettling.

onurdata
Newly Registered

Post by onurdata » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:26 pm

I have the same problem. My supporting documents delivered on 07.10.2021 still no update.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:06 pm

ladida wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Bump

My passport application supporting documents were marked as delivered on the 01/10/21 by Royal Mail (special delivery).

Its been 10 days and still no confirmation is this normal? Application still says send documents.
Finally got confirmation email today; documents received. Took 12 days for them to update.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:37 am

ladida wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:06 pm
ladida wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Bump

Finally got confirmation email today; documents received. Took 12 days for them to update.
I'm quite surprised with delay since i applied for my first passport in may and i got it processed within 15 days .

Right now i have reapplied for a name change and it took HMPO 4 days to update the system when they received the documents .Now its been 5 days and i still didn't get the processing message from HMPO where as during my first British passport application i use to get updates immediately . So i guess the HMPO office might be having a backlog now which is possible since many people might be applying for passport now after covid