ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joemac41
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by joemac41 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:59 am

Muscat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:28 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 pm
Don't assume there aren't rules or moderators who visited each post made daily.

If you paid attention, you would have noticed a certain user has been banned from the forum today.
Thank you!
Is there any way for you to know what their new user name will be when they sneak back in?!
Don't worry, he's probably writing a letter of complaint to the United Nations or something like that.

trailofnope
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by trailofnope » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Going to throw my timeline for information sharing:

Application submitted online: 09/12/2019
E-mail acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 06/01/2020

Nothing further yet but previous posts on this thread have kept me cautiously optimistic.

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:19 pm

greentea2004 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:49 pm
Hello,
My brother and I have been waiting since August 2019, so over 2 years now, for our FBR applications to be processed. Can anyone shed light as to whether FBR applications are getting processed yet in 2021? I see that the DFA office is still closed however I noted that some people seem to have gotten processed.

Appreciate any information you may provide including a contact that I should make to inquire.

Thank you,
Teresa
What country are you from?

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by circlethewagons12 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:06 pm

Corkythecat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:00 am
Good news - I have received the confirmation of address email :D - Thanks to everyone for posting supportive advice and info and keeping hopes up over many months.

It has been a very long wait over 2 years, but the day has arrived as so many have said it would.

So as others have said - the longing and waiting will end - don't despair and try to keep positive even when it seems hopeless.

Application online date: 18/08/19
Documents received email: 25/08/19
Confirmation of address email: 14/09/21
Will post updates.

Good luck to everyone.
Congrats!

I hope to be getting some good news soon! I got an email that they received my documents on Aug 20/2019, So hopefully soon for me as well

As I have stated before I was hoping to move to Ireland from Canada this month but with the delays in the FBR I have delayed the move until next September and hopefully that is enough time to get my FBR certificate and passport in hand

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:31 pm

Corkythecat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:00 am
Good news - I have received the confirmation of address email :D - Thanks to everyone for posting supportive advice and info and keeping hopes up over many months.

It has been a very long wait over 2 years, but the day has arrived as so many have said it would.

So as others have said - the longing and waiting will end - don't despair and try to keep positive even when it seems hopeless.

Application online date: 18/08/19
Documents received email: 25/08/19
Confirmation of address email: 14/09/21
Will post updates.

Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations!
This is encouraging to see they are still processing Aug 2019. (Applied on line 10 Aug, Doc received 19 Aug)

What team processed your application?

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:34 pm

alittlelate wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:57 am
No worries all! It took about 90min, I didn't actually realise how many timelines had been given until i started! I am not as organised as Sulla with a spreadsheet.
I'll add my thanks - I'm not sure I could do this in 90 min, so I thank you for taking the time to create a single list.

Angelo

Fish Fry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Fish Fry » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 pm

My certificate came in the mail today so I am now officially an Irish citizen after waiting nearly 28 months. I'm cracking open a new bottle of Redbreast tonight to celebrate! Here are the particulars:

Application submitted online: 26/05/2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 06/06/2019
Confirmation of address email: 18/08/2021
Congrats email: 08/09/2021
Certificate arrives in mail: 16/09/2021 (dated 18/08/2021]

Turns out I didn't have to be home to sign for the package. The mailman just left it in the mailbox, and I was glad to see it. Next step, Passport!

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:48 pm

Today, I encountered a problem. I'll tell you that my father's birth certificate only has the names of my grandparents and does not show the birth date of my grandparents. FBR said: there is insufficient evidence and failed to pass the application for the time being. I would like to ask ~ is there anyone who has the same difficulties as me?

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:51 pm

Can I prove it by kinship? Prove that my grandfather and my father are father son relationship, so as to show the birth date of my grandparents.

Laurie9434

Post by Laurie9434 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:58 am

Hi Everyone!!

Quick question!! I know (living in the United States) I can start the first time passport process online and send in the documents needed. Is it better to just mail the whole thing in? Also, the original forms we have to send in, do we get them back like with the FBR?

Thanks in advance!!
Laurie

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 am

alittlelate wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:37 pm
I have found this forum useful as many other appear to over the past year or so in working out what the current status is with regards to FBR timelines. Previously a forum member collated all the available timelines periodically and posted them in a succinct manner. Below is my attempt at this, although I think they were more proficient in it than myself. Apologies for a lengthy post.
Feel free to add me:

brainiacghost
Application submitted online: 29/12/2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 10/01/2020
Contacted FBR Team due to difficulty replacing an original document (birth certificate from zimbabwe) that is needed for other purposes: 13/08/2021
Reply from FBR Team: 16/08/2021
birth certificate dispatched by post, and application placed back in queue: 25/08/2021
birth certificate recieved in post: 31/08/2021

Whilst my application hasn't yet been processed, it's clear there is some activity going on in the FBR department and the letter I recieved with the returned document indicated further investment into the FBR process.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:59 am

brainiacghost wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 am
alittlelate wrote:
I have found this forum useful as many other appear to over the past year or so in working out what the current status is with regards to FBR timelines. Previously a forum member collated all the available timelines periodically and posted them in a succinct manner. Below is my attempt at this, although I think they were more proficient in it than myself. Apologies for a lengthy post.
Feel free to add me:

brainiacghost
Contacted FBR Team due to difficulty replacing an original document (birth certificate from zimbabwe) that is needed for other purposes: 13/08/2021
birth certificate dispatched by post, and application placed back in queue: 25/08/2021

Whilst my application hasn't yet been processed, it's clear there is some activity going on in the FBR department and the letter I recieved with the returned document indicated further investment into the FBR process.
How you managed to contact them? They never reply to emails. Care to share the address? Cheers

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:03 am

Fish Fry wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 pm
My certificate came in the mail today so I am now officially an Irish citizen after waiting nearly 28 months. I'm cracking open a new bottle of Redbreast tonight to celebrate! Here are the particulars:

Application submitted online: 26/05/2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 06/06/2019
Confirmation of address email: 18/08/2021
Congrats email: 08/09/2021
Certificate arrives in mail: 16/09/2021 (dated 18/08/2021]

Turns out I didn't have to be home to sign for the package. The mailman just left it in the mailbox, and I was glad to see it. Next step, Passport!
Congrats fish fry. I got an email too saying “as we starting to process your application, can you confirm you address etc etc”.. looked strange to me as I thought they only confirm to sending and not to “start to process”, I replied but they never came back to me afterwards (that was 2 months ago)

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am

maishun wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Today, I encountered a problem. I'll tell you that my father's birth certificate only has the names of my grandparents and does not show the birth date of my grandparents. FBR said: there is insufficient evidence and failed to pass the application for the time being. I would like to ask ~ is there anyone who has the same difficulties as me?
I don't think my father's birth certificate shows the birth date of my grandparents. Nor does mine show the DOB of my parents, why would it? It sounds like there's either been some crossed wires or you need to get hold of your grandparents birth certificates.

When you apply you should provide your parents birth certificate and your grandparents birth certificate as these documents provide the paper trail for eligibility. That should contain the information you need. So long as you haven't submitted some kind of short form certificate like they issue in the UK. It really sounds like you haven't supplied enough documents but it's not entirely clear.

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:09 am

Fbrlad wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:59 am
brainiacghost wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 am
alittlelate wrote:
Feel free to add me:

brainiacghost

How you managed to contact them? They never reply to emails. Care to share the address? Cheers
Through the passport webchat, where I was provided with a specific email address which is the same one that they use for pregnancy criteria.

My understanding is that they triage your request at the passport webchat and only if it's a suitable urgent enquiry are you provided with the email address.

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:30 am

jamiepompey wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am
maishun wrote:
I don't think my father's birth certificate shows the birth date of my grandparents. Nor does mine show the DOB of my parents, why would it? It sounds like there's either been some crossed wires or you need to get hold of your grandparents birth certificates.

When you apply you should provide your parents birth certificate and your grandparents birth certificate as these documents provide the paper trail for eligibility. That should contain the information you need. So long as you haven't submitted some kind of short form certificate like they issue in the UK. It really sounds like you haven't supplied enough documents but it's not entirely clear.
This is very strange. I asked FBR and it was very difficult to communicate with them. I don't know when they will reply to my information

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:19 am

maishun wrote:
I've just checked my parents' birth certificates and, same as Jamiepompey said, they don't include my grandparents' dates of birth. I've got a few different versions of UK birth certificates as they've changed the format over time, but the only details any of them would include about your grandparents are:

- Name and surname of father
- Occupation of father
- Place of birth of father (this is only on the more recent certificates.)
- Name, surname and maiden surname of mother

I've also got the Irish birth certificate for my grandfather (which is in the latest format as I had to register his birth myself prior to my FBR application) and this only includes his parents' names, occupations and addresses.

That's pretty clear - the parents' dates of birth aren't required on UK or Irish birth certificates. If your father's birth certificate is from another country, then it may be different, in which case I guess you'd need to contact the authorities in that country to get the certificate corrected to include your grandparents' birth dates. Otherwise, it may be an administrative error or there's some other reason why DFA aren't able to prove your parents are descendants of your Irish grandparent. You could put an anonymised copy of whatever you've been told here and maybe someone could help further.
Last edited by BrexitEscapee on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 am

jamiepompey wrote:
maishun wrote:

Hello, FBR said that my father's birth certificate only has the names of my grandparents, and there is no other detailed information. There is not enough contact between the information on my father's birth certificate and the information on my grandfather's birth certificate. What are the details on your father's birth certificate?

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:29 pm

Each of you has your father's birth address on your birth certificate. I don't understand why your birth certificate has your father's occupation

SLwlss
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SLwlss » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:34 pm

maishun wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 am
jamiepompey wrote:
maishun wrote:

Hello, FBR said that my father's birth certificate only has the names of my grandparents, and there is no other detailed information. There is not enough contact between the information on my father's birth certificate and the information on my grandfather's birth certificate. What are the details on your father's birth certificate?
My parent birth certificate only has the name, occupation and nationality (shows British, not even Irish) of the grandparents. No date of births etc. the one I have submitted to the Irish is the original and only copy available so hopefully they don't come back with the same query as you

SLwlss
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SLwlss » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:39 pm

alittlelate wrote:
Thanks so much for this and getting us back on track after the interludes of the past while. I took your list and had some fun (for me) and put it all in a spreadsheet, please let me know if anyone wants anything added but feel free to check add your own dates as they come through.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/127de6t5A5Q3XzKBOIVHKjnE9Mn0-Xjl3EhYBB2D2epA/edit?usp=sharing

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:56 pm

maishun wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:29 pm
Each of you has your father's birth address on your birth certificate. I don't understand why your birth certificate has your father's occupation
It's an interesting question, but it's not going to help you resolve the refusal of your FBR application. Someone at the DFA seems to have decided that they're unable to verify parental lineage between your Irish grandparent and your parent. If you're going to resolve this, you'll need to have a clear understanding of what expected information they are failing to see on your parent's birth certificate. If, as you say, it's your grandparent's date of birth that is missing, then you'll need to find out whether that's normally included on birth certificates from that country. If it is, then you'll have to rectify that via that country's issuing authority. If that country, like the UK and Ireland, don't include parents' birth dates on birth certificates, you'll need to bring this to the attention of DFA and question/appeal their decision. From what other people have reported on here, it looks like your only real option for doing this at the moment is to send email or written correspondence and wait a long time for an answer.

DKCalifornia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by DKCalifornia » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Fish Fry wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:25 pm
DKCalifornia wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:23 pm
Despondent is the exact word for my feelings right now. Still nothing at all… June 2019 application and documents confirmed in Balbriggan.
Seeing everyone else in this (now 2years and 3 months) group now getting approvals, even if mail is slow to arrive, have me feeling more like this is never going to happen. Despondent- yep. Really just need the original documents back at this point and we can give up. Sigh.
Don't give up DK. I was in the same boat and was also reaching the point of despondency. I filed online in late May 2019, received confirmation my documents were received in Balbriggan on June 6, 2019, and then ... nothing for 27 months, give or take. I finally received my confirmation of address email on August 19 and then just this morning received my congratulatory email saying my certificate has been printed and mailed. I'll believe it when I see it, but it is all looking good for me, as I am sure it will for you too, and soon.
Much gratitude to you for your note of encouragement. Sadly, we still have nothing😢 I just wish there was someone we could talk to. It’s the complete wall of silence that makes this beyond frustrating. We will keep waiting and hope that phone lines open soon. I appreciate you and everyone on this forum for being here. It’s the only thing that has eased the frustration over the past 2 years! Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

DKCalifornia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by DKCalifornia » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Countrychicken wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:53 pm
Well. I’m a newbie but have been following all you news in the hopes mine will get sorted soon and now can confirm the following:

application : 30th May 2019
Confirmation docs received: 4th June 2019
Confirmation of address email: 16th August 2021
Congratulations email : 10 September 2021
Cert received: TBC

So 28 months altogether and if I hadn’t chased I don’t think I would still have received anything! Don’t give up!
Congratulations! You have given me a renewed hope that we may soon hear some news. You certainly deserved to hear before me (June 2019 confirmation). Maybe this actually will happen after all? So happy for you!

DKCalifornia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by DKCalifornia » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:29 pm

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:36 am
"Julius. Since you wrote this..., The fact remains that you only put in your FBR application 3 months ago so, even before Brexit or Covid, would still have had at least 12 months waiting in the queue. Yet you've taken up residence here, filling every page with posts, most of which are your own campaign and don't actually provide any assistance or information to users with the FBR application process. With regards to your campaign to put pressure on the Irish Government to allocate more resource to FBR processing, I think most of us realise it's just naïve. Like you, I listened to the RTE radio phone-in show but what I heard were lots of frustrated Irish citizens complaining about the problems they are having with the processing of their passport applications or renewals. FBR was not mentioned once. There is no political pressure from Irish voters over FBR because it is of negligible importance to them, unlike the processing of their own passports.

I'm sure that, regardless of what I or anyone else says, you are going to spend the next 2 years filling these pages with your abstract thoughts. So can I make one small request:...."

I can absolutely cut them short, and take this point, and some others, on board. That said, I do not appreciate the tone of your post which manages to be both condescending and patronising at the same time. When I joined this forum several weeks ago I was bordering on the hysterical, and yes, probably naive on certain points. Thanks to the people on this forum and also to my own enquiries I have learnt a lot about the FBR process and the DFA's modus operandi. Having been to Dublin, visited their offices and seen first-hand what is happening in Ireland has crystallised certain things, thereby bringing my vision more sharply into focus. Far from naive and abstract, I probably see things about as clearly as anyone can with the information currently available - much of which was not easily come by. I will not list all the things I have done to inform, assist and encourage people, as the posts are there and speak for themselves. IF I were in it only for myself I would not have bothered to share these. Some of the things I have done and the questions I have asked have not even been done by the people whose rightful job it is to do them! FBR is a thorny wood for many and each applicant has their reasons for applying, and I have mine. I understand and accept that I will have to wait some considerable time, and rightly so given how long others have been waiting and also given their more pressing circumstances in some cases. I do not need reminding as to when I applied - I am perfectly aware of this, thank you. Though somewhat resigned to waiting, this does not mean that we cannot question certain points purported by the DFA. I know from experience that politicians are not to be trusted, and although Irish politicians appear to be of a slightly higher calibre, the bar is set generally very low. If you do not wish to read what to consider to be my "naive and abstract thoughts", then you are quite free not to read them. Good day to you.
Flatcap- Every single one of your posts keep me sane! Please keep “dominating”(lol) as I am very appreciative of the time you take to wonder, research, and share with all. Keep it up 👍🏼 For those that don’t want to read Flatcap’s post just keep scrolling! It’s pretty straightforward…