ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landlord/Estate Agent Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Belawanwarrior
Newly Registered

FLR (M) CAT F and CAT B

Post by Belawanwarrior » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how I should approach the following with a pending FLR(M) application.

In short - if I meet CAT F through last company year to 31 March 2021 and CAT B since 6 April 2021, should I explain in a cover letter why I am applying via CAT F and not via CAT B?

I meet the financial requirement through CAT F as a company director. Company year ended 31 March 2021 so ties in with 5 April 2021 tax year.

Since 6 April the contract has been inside IR35 so I have been paid through an umbrella company. However, it was uncertain how much longer contract would last so I kept my company running and continued paying a salary from it, plus a dividend, plus business insurance so that I continued to meet CAT F requirements just in case contract ended in June or July for example, then potentially earning nothing until on a new contract. I even classed the umbrella gig as a second job so I could state company director was my first/main job.

The contract has surprisingly lasted to date and I have 5 payslips (May to Sept inclusive for work done Apr to Aug inclusive). I now also meet CAT B as the average of the 5 payslips * 12 exceeds £18,600, plus I have been paid more than £18,600.

However, I didn't know CAT B would definitely be available, have all compulsory docs for CAT F ready, and as I have applied via CAT F before feel comfortable doing so again. Do I need to explain all this in the cover letter? Should I include umbrella company payslips as well as my ltd. company payslips? Or does that just unnecessarily complicate matters?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Belawanwarrior
Newly Registered

Landlord/Estate Agent Letter

Post by Belawanwarrior » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Do you know if we need a letter from the landlord or letting agent re: accommodation? We have lived in the property since July 2019 and I am on the tenancy agreement with my wife as permitted occupier? Is this enough? Or do we also need a letter stating how many rooms are in the property etc?

Many thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Landlord/Estate Agent Letter

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Belawanwarrior wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:53 pm
Hi everyone,

Do you know if we need a letter from the landlord or letting agent re: accommodation? We have lived in the property since July 2019 and I am on the tenancy agreement with my wife as permitted occupier? Is this enough? Or do we also need a letter stating how many rooms are in the property etc?

Many thanks!
Your previous states flrm, NOC letter not required, cohabitation evidence are what you require for FLRM

Belawanwarrior
Newly Registered

Post by Belawanwarrior » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi Amazonianx,

Many thanks for the reply. Yes, applying for FLR(M).

I have 2019 Tenancy Agreement, 2020 and 2021 Memorandums (1-page updates) with me as tenant and Mrs as permitted occupier, and then docs covering October 2019 to October 2021 spaced 4 months apart (from 4 different sources - Octopus, BT, Nationwide and Council Tax). So sounds like I have everything needed. I was just having a last minute panic about needing to prove it was adequate accommodation and/or how many people live here etc....

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:39 am

Belawanwarrior wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:36 pm
Hi Amazonianx,

Many thanks for the reply. Yes, applying for FLR(M).

I have 2019 Tenancy Agreement, 2020 and 2021 Memorandums (1-page updates) with me as tenant and Mrs as permitted occupier, and then docs covering October 2019 to October 2021 spaced 4 months apart (from 4 different sources - Octopus, BT, Nationwide and Council Tax). So sounds like I have everything needed. I was just having a last minute panic about needing to prove it was adequate accommodation and/or how many people live here etc....
It appears you have the needed evidence of cohabitation.