ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Canadianluckycharm
Newly Registered
Canada

Temporary stamp 4

Post by Canadianluckycharm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Hello,

I am Canadian my partner is Spanish.

I have been given a temporary stamp 4 permission from the EU treaty of rights division.

I am waiting for registration with the INIS online registration website. My question is am I able to work while waiting for registration ? I do have a letter which says my permission has been granted.

I have been waiting to be registered but it is taking longer then expected.

Thanks !

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Temporary stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 pm

A decision letter is sufficient. Registrations are merely a formality.

See Q32 on INIS's FAQ document:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigrat ... 9-FAQ4.pdf
Q 32. In the absence of an Irish Residence Permit (IRP) and a formal decision letter, what can I show my
employer/prospective employer as evidence of my continuing permission to remain in the State?

A. You can present evidence of your last permission, in the form of a formal decision letter or an IRP,
or both, together with a copy of this Notice, as evidence of your ongoing permission to remain in
the State. This will also show that, owing to circumstances entirely outside of your own control,
your permission to remain or renewal application could not be processed in the usual way at the
material time.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Temporary stamp 4

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 pm
A decision letter is sufficient. Registrations are merely a formality.

On the basis of section 9 of the 2004 Immigration Act , I am not sure I can accept that assertion as legally sound.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors