ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 DEPENDENT DOCUMENTS PROVIDED - NO COHABITATION

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itsmeisa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

TIER 2 DEPENDENT DOCUMENTS PROVIDED - NO COHABITATION

Post by itsmeisa » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for a skilled worker visa and I wanted to bring my 7 year-long boyfriend with me under dependent visa. We have never lived together as we wanted to live with our parents as much we could to save money (our country's economy sucks), plus I was unemployed during the pandemic and both did not earn that much money to join a long term tenancy agreement.

We signed a registered civil partnership in the beginning of July and applied in the end of August. Our biometrics as a family (we went together and did a brief interview) was last week so we are in the middle of the standard service 15 business days, so pretty anxious times.

Could you rate the documents we have submitted to prove our relationship aside from the civil partnership? All documents were translated.
1) Registered partnership (2 months old) with the option to share our goods 50/50
2) 40 pictures of us together at different events and milestones such as graduation, international and national trips, marriages, us being our friends' bridesmaid and groomsman, pictures with family, drawing of us together made by a friend, etc. I did not put subtitles to it but I wish I could.
3) flights, hotel bookings, and day tours of a trip we did years ago to Europe and of our last trip to a nearby city in January this year
4) Joint bank account. I have included him in my bank account, the same we used to apply and show financial evidence when we signed the partnership, but the date won't show in the extract I printed
5) Life insurance: I have included him on mine and he included me on his as dependent, this was also recent because we needed the registered partnership
6) Proof he is registered as a resident and has free access to my parent's home (where I live), by an access card to my gated condominium/neighborhood.
7) Whatsapp conversations, one screenshot a year for the former 12 months, including talking about the marriage we went to together, we did not get really cheesy in all screenshots. We do not call each other (we hate talking on the phone) so I did not have a log
8) I wrote a letter explaining the timeline of our relationship, the fact we were preparing to live together slowly and trying to save money, and the fact that we want to live together and I will support him. I also mentioned we would like to have a marriage celebration after the pandemic when we get back to our country
9) Proof he is a remote worker for Brasil and will remain working remotel
I know I'm not the only anxious person in this group but I am really overthinking the fact that he will be denied because we haven't lived together and our partnership is recent, even though we have proof of a genuine relationship!!!

Do you think we have chances or should we start preparing to hire an immigration lawyer? I understood from the law and a lawyer I consulted with that we only need to prove cohabitation for 2 years if we have no civil partnership nor marriage.

Thanks 🙂