ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years Route- 60 months completes before BRP expires

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hbuk

5 years Route- 60 months completes before BRP expires

Post by Hbuk » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:20 pm

Due to Covid 19, I applied to extend my leave to remain with a delay of 3 months. This meant that my BRP was issued with an extra 3 months. Can I apply for Indefinite leave to remain the soonest I complete 60 months or do I have to wait to apply 28 days before the expiry date on the BRP?

gfxking
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: 5 years Route- 60 months completes before BRP expires

Post by gfxking » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:22 pm

You can apply as soon as your 5 year period is completed. You do not need to wait extra 3 months.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 pm

Hbuk wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:20 pm
Due to Covid 19, I applied to extend my leave to remain with a delay of 3 months. This meant that my BRP was issued with an extra 3 months. Can I apply for Indefinite leave to remain the soonest I complete 60 months or do I have to wait to apply 28 days before the expiry date on the BRP?
Can you elaborate on this more ? What do you mean that you applied with a delay of 3 months ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Hbuk

Post by Hbuk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 am

I had to extend my stay on April 2020 but due to COVID-19 restrictions I could only apply in June 2020. When I was issued an extension, the BRP expiry date adds few months so my question was if I can apply for ILR at the correct time (when I complete 60 months) and not according the BRP expiry.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:47 am

When did you apply, submit and pay online?? Before visa expiry or after??

When was the biometric appointment?

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hbuk

Post by Hbuk » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:45 pm

I applied 28 days before the expiry which was just before lock down in March 2020. My appointment was in June once they reopened again.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Then there is no issue. When you apply before visa expiry, you are subject to Section 3C which extends your lawful residence automatically until a decision is made. Time spent waiting is lawful stay and counts towards ILR. Hence there is no gap
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice