ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shoni
India

Sponsoring visitor visa for parents

Post by shoni » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:16 am

Hi,

I am planning to invite my parents to UK for a 6 month duration visitor visa from India. In the application form its written that I will sponsor them. Also answer to the question 'Why are they helping to pay for your visit?' - Its written that 'XXX is my daughter who lives and works in UK. I am visiting her and will be staying at
her place.'

The problem is, I was working for last 4 years but now I'm unemployed for last 6 months. So its a mistake in application to say that I work in UK. Though I have enough saving in my bank account to sponsor their visit. My husband is employed and he would also co-sponsor.

Will the above mistake cost them the visa? Can me and my husband both write sponsor letter and documents to support their visa even if the application only says my name?

Thanks in advance for your response!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Sponsoring visitor visa for parents

Post by THO » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:20 am

The application must show why they will return home, and so show that they have a property and other dependant family, your sponsorship of them is less important than that. Concentrate on that, making the case they have strong ties to home.

The HO will also need to see that they have enough funds to support themselves and pay for the trip. My OH made the mistake of showing the amount of money she was planning to spend as far too little for the cost of the trip, despite our stated intention she stayed with me, I would get her tickets with my spare air miles, and that her food etc would be paid for, even though she had plenty of money in her bank account, she got refused.

And if they are coming over to look after a child for you, do not even mention this, as you will get refused, as this is considered working, which is strictly not allowed.

THO

shoni
India

Post by shoni » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:41 am

Thanks THO!

I'm putting around 3k-4k GBP per person they are planning to spend in 6 month. Is that good enough?

My mother doesn't have property in her name or a lot of saving. She is dependent on my father. So i believe i can show my fathers saving, name on property and an affidavit from him that my mother lives in that property as his dependant. Would that work? This apart from a sponser latter from us.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:28 pm

If they are married and you want them both to visit, then I expect the HO will assume they share the house and savings despite being in one person's name. But I would worry that there is no reason to go home, if they both come over.

I really don't know how to show the trip costing them, there have been cases where the HO refuses on the grounds that no person would spend so much of their savings or income on a trip. I'm sure others here will have been through what you are going through, so would be much better to advise.

I just know that we (my then girl friend and I) provided so much information showing our relationship, our incomes, her senior job, her holiday note, her travel history, where she would stay, (so the HO had someone they could hold to account) etc etc, and we still got refused because we could not prove something almost impossible to prove, that she would return at the end of two weeks, and they didn't believe her estimate for the cost of the trip.

So, my only contribution I can make is to demonstrate to the HO they will not abscond and they can afford it.

shoni
India

Post by shoni » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 am

Hi Experts,

My father is earning pension while mother is dependent. Both share the join account though. They share join saving account as well

I'm putting my mother as dependent to my father in the application form.

In my fathers application I'm putting below details

1. Income - 400k inr yearly
2. Saving - 10k GBP
3. expenditure per month - 20k

In my mothers application I'm putting below details
1. Income - 0
2. Saving - 10k GBP
3. expenditure per month - 0

Is this correct way to answer these questions. Or i should keep the same numbers for both form as all are joint accounts.
The total expenditure is 20k from that account for both my parents. But because mother is dependent I'm showing '0'. or should I put 10k each.

Thanks in advance

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:12 am

shoni wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 am
Hi Experts,

My father is earning pension while mother is dependent. Both share the join account though. They share join saving account as well

I'm putting my mother as dependent to my father in the application form.

In my fathers application I'm putting below details

1. Income - 400k inr yearly
2. Saving - 10k GBP
3. expenditure per month - 20k

In my mothers application I'm putting below details
1. Income - 0
2. Saving - 10k GBP
3. expenditure per month - 0

Is this correct way to answer these questions. Or i should keep the same numbers for both form as all are joint accounts.
The total expenditure is 20k from that account for both my parents. But because mother is dependent I'm showing '0'. or should I put 10k each.

Thanks in advance
Hi

Just saying from my experience when i applied for my wife parents form twice and we got the visa approved

My father in law is retired so i said he only as savings and mentioned a amount along with bank statement to match what i have said and mum in law is housewife - never worked so mentioned she as no savings and no money but later in the form i have mentioned they are married and financially her husband and myself will be providing the money . At the same time in my dad in law form i have mentioned mum in law as a dependent who depends on father in law financially

This should make it clear

Imad123
Newly Registered

Post by Imad123 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:18 am

Hi

Can I ask a very simple question please? When you make an application, can it be done under one login for both parents or you have to apply separately for each of them?

I am applying for my mother and sister and cannot see how I can submit an application for both of them in the same login

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:39 am

Imad123 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:18 am
Hi

Can I ask a very simple question please? When you make an application, can it be done under one login for both parents or you have to apply separately for each of them?

I am applying for my mother and sister and cannot see how I can submit an application for both of them in the same login
Hi
You can use one login email since your mum and sister will have two different applications and you will get 2 emails as well .

So yes you can use one login