ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notifying Change of Address

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lomo

Notifying Change of Address

Post by lomo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 am

Hope someone can help with the following query.

I switched from Tier 2 visa to ILR few months ago. My wife is till on the Tier 2 dependant visa. My wife hopes to apply for family visa in few months. Recently we moved to a new property. I think both of us are required notify UKVI of our new address using the online form on the UKVI website.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

In the online form, the main applicant is supposed to give the details of the dependant applicant. I have an issue with this. Because I am on ILR, should my wife who is on a Tier 2 dependant visa should still be considered as my dependant when filling in the online form? Because there can't be any dependants for an ILR visa. Therefore, should she complete her own form to notify the change of address? or Should I submit her details as my dependant?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Notifying Change of Address

Post by manci » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:37 pm

lomo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 am
I switched from Tier 2 visa to ILR few months ago. My wife is till on the Tier 2 dependant visa. My wife hopes to apply for family visa in few months
Your wife's T2 dependant visa can be extended even if you now have ILR. She would get a 3 year extension.
Depending on your circumstances this may be a better option than applying for a family (spouse) visa.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice