ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding confusing IHS payment

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hyliantom4
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Question regarding confusing IHS payment

Post by hyliantom4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:48 am

Hello everyone, I have an issue regarding the IHS payment and some help would be greatly appreciated!!

To put some background, I created a first Tier 5 (government authorized exchange) visa application at the beginning of August and paid for both the IHS Fee and the Visa application fee. Still, I later noticed a mistake in my application and had to cancel it through the asking of a refund and submit a new one. Though, when the moment to pay for the IHS a second time came and when I was redirected towards the IHS page, it said I was exempt when I was ready to pay for it again. I concluded it was because I had paid the first time with the same details and that it was still in their database. However there was no option to pay though so I kept going until the end and even received a new IHS number that was put in my application form. I literally followed the steps very thoroughly and did not try to dodge anything

This week, a decision was made and my visa was —to my greatest pleasure— granted!!

Though, I only paid once for this IHS and it was refunded so I technically was given a new complete IHS without paying which in my opinion is due to a glitch in the website.

My question is, do you think UKVI will realize this mistake and ask me to give the money any time soon? (which I would happily do)

Thank you in advance and feel free to move this topic in the right place if it's not currently the case as I'm new here!

Thanks, Tom

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Question regarding confusing IHS payment

Post by manci » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Check your IHS liability, if any, here:
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/Type
it depends on the length of your permission
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

hyliantom4
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Re: Question regarding confusing IHS payment

Post by hyliantom4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:24 pm

When I made the first application that I cancelled, I had to pay £624.00 which I did but on the second application in which I filled up the exact same info, they did not make me pay. I think the system glitched and thought I had already paid from the first application because the information was the same. No matter what, I sent an email to IHS Sheffield to tell them about the problem but they did not answer. I still think I should have paid but unfortunately I was not asked to and was given an IHS reference number right away. Do you think the system will catch up with me and ask?