ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash savings route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nursaleem
Newly Registered

Cash savings route

Post by Nursaleem » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 pm

Expiry of current visa: 11th September 2021

Entry of full £63000 funds into my account: 1st of March 2021
Entry of full funds into my wife's account 14th of march 2021

At all times since 1st of March combined we have held over 63k but if looked at individually no as I had the funds from 1st till 14th march and she has had them since then.

We have to apply obviously before 11th September so my question is will our savings route be okay if I attached both my March bank statement and her 6 month statements from March to show that we combined held 63k or have I messed her application up royally.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Cash savings route

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 pm

It should be fine.
Under paragraph 11A(c) funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or
both jointly at the date of application can have been transferred from investments
(including funds liquidated from a pension pot), stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds
within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, provided that:

• the funds have been in the ownership and under the control of the applicant,
their partner or both jointly for at least the period of 6 months prior to the date
of application
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nursaleem
Newly Registered

Post by Nursaleem » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:29 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 pm
It should be fine.
Under paragraph 11A(c) funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or
both jointly at the date of application can have been transferred from investments
(including funds liquidated from a pension pot), stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds
within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, provided that:

• the funds have been in the ownership and under the control of the applicant,
their partner or both jointly for at least the period of 6 months prior to the date
of application
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Thank you for your reply, its just the way they have worded it, I was worried jointly meant like a joint bank account.
I will attach my March bank statement and all her bank statements since March, are they happy with electronic pdf bank statements now or still want physical?

Also in the interest of not creating separate topics, my (sponsor) British passport is expired and apparently the wait times are long. Will this make a difference to the application or can she still apply.

Kind regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:34 pm

All electronic evidence is accepted. Expired British passport is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nursaleem
Newly Registered

Post by Nursaleem » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:12 pm

I have just finished filling this application and just have a few more questions in regards to the above.

In practical terms while filling out the application form it gives the ability to add bank accounts, either in my name, or my wifes name or as feared above as a joint account.

I have attached one bank account in my wifes name with the following details:
  • Add cash savings in the name of and solely in the control of: wifes name
  • What is the source of the cash savings? Gift from MS, brother of NS (my partner) the money was transferred to my husbands account on the 1st of March and then transferred by my husband to my account by the 14th of March. We have therefore held over £63,000 in savings since the 1st of March 2021. I have attached my Husbands march bank statement showing the money arriving in his account and then transferred into mine. I have also attached all of my bank statements from march as I have held it since.
  • I will provide the following evidence of this account:Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application
    A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings
My question is do I now also add an additional seperate account with the same info as above but in my name to signify the time the money spent in my account from 1st of march till 13th of march, or is the above account information enough?

the reason i ask the above is that when you go to add another account it asks the following question
What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?
(Required)
Only include funds that have been in your account for the last 6 months or where you have liquidated or transferred eligible assets or funds that you have owned and controlled for 6 months.

Obviously as explained in our case above 63000 only remained in my account from 1st march to 14th march. So what do I do here? add both bank accounts or only add my wifes and hope for the best?

Her visa expires on the 11th of September, I am planning on submitting the application on the 11th is this safe or should I submit a day earlier?
I do not quite understand what home office considers to be 6 months, is 182.5 days? as 13th of march to 11th of september would be 183 days.

Nursaleem
Newly Registered

Post by Nursaleem » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi any updates to the above? its just that Its getting very close to submission time and I was just hoping for some feedback on the above and also whether its okay to submit on visa expiry date?

Kind regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Provide info for both on the form. It is your evidence that matters and s important NOT the form details. Apply on the visa expiry day

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:22 am

Nursaleem wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:19 pm
Hi any updates to the above? its just that Its getting very close to submission time and I was just hoping for some feedback on the above and also whether its okay to submit on visa expiry date?

Kind regards
Probably safer to submit at least a day earlier?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nursaleem
Newly Registered

Post by Nursaleem » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:34 pm
Provide info for both on the form. It is your evidence that matters and s important NOT the form details. Apply on the visa expiry day
Thank you for your help and support guys, I submitted on the visa expiry date after calling the UKVI helpline they confirmed that the last day also counts and it becomes an over stay if you apply the day after expiry.

I managed to get super priority as it was at 1 AM, for some reason super priority is only showing up at 1 AM, i hope this help those trying to book super priority.

So now I am waiting for my wifes september bank statement which will be released on the 4th of October, I will book the biometrics appointment for the 13th of October so even on decision day the money will have been in her own account for 7 months.

Or do you think I am over thinking this and I should just book the next available biometric and ask for one of those temporary bankslips and attach that?

kind regards

Nursaleem
Newly Registered

Post by Nursaleem » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 am

Sorry guys any advice or update to the above?
Kind regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 am

UKVI does not have a helpline as that is manned by third parties. You are overthinking