ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asked for additional info by the caseworker

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Can I keep my passport whilst applying for British Citizenship

Post by freedom2022 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi All

Hope you are well

Can I keep my existing passport and Residence Card whilst I apply for Citizenship ?

Any links or info would be much appreciated

Also , confused about the application date ( you must have been in UK on the application date ? not sure what that means

Thank You

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can I keep my passport whilst applying for British Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm

freedom2022 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:08 pm
Hi All

Hope you are well

Can I keep my existing passport and Residence Card whilst I apply for Citizenship ? Yes - you scan and upload those online with all the other documents required.

Any links or info would be much appreciated not sure what you are looking for but here is the official application guidance published by the Home Office: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance

Also , confused about the application date ( you must have been in UK on the application date ? not sure what that means The application date is the date you "submit and pay" - refer to the guidance quote below this is a requirement laid down in the British Nationality Act.

Quote from from the guidance page 6:
• You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern
Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the
application is received by the Home Office.

• For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been
physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.

Thank You
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Post by freedom2022 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:08 pm

Thank You - Much appreciated

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Post by freedom2022 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:22 pm

I sent my FCE ( First Certificate in English diploma ) to Home OFFICE when i got ILR and they have kept it ...Do I still need to take the B1 or simply tell them that they kept it ..Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:17 pm

For English test you would select the option that refers to provision of test for ILR - no need to explain as far as I know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Question regarding Citizenship

Post by freedom2022 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:22 am

Hi All

Do you have to scan the referee form once the photo is attached or does it have to be sent as hard copy ?

Once you pay for the application is that the submission date or does it give you another option to select a submission date after you pay ?

Thank You

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question regarding Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:33 am

freedom2022 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:22 am
Hi All

Do you have to scan the referee form once the photo is attached or does it have to be sent as hard copy ? Scan and upload, hardcopy not required to be sent.

Once you pay for the application is that the submission date or does it give you another option to select a submission date after you pay ? The submission date is when you hit submission and pay, no option to select another date - why would you?

Thank You

2017Freedom

Re: Question regarding Citizenship

Post by 2017Freedom » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Thank You !

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Scan all pages of the passport or only the front ones ?

Post by freedom2022 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Hi All

Thank You for the advise you provide

I'm applying on a 5 year bases

Is it enough to provide P60 for each year ?
This year I have formed a new company and it does not have much data yet ...Is it OK to send company nr and director letter from Companies House ?

I have uploaded most of the documents online but I have only got the main passport page scanned ...Do I need to scan all pages ?

Can i take the passport to the appointment as a last resort ?

Thank You

vinny

Re: Scan all pages of the passport or only the front ones ?

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:39 pm

Scan all passport pages to support your absence details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Original documents needed or not

Post by freedom2022 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:55 am

Good Afternoon

Im reading contradictory information about original documents ...It says upload them online and bring the originals to your appointment yet on the UKBA website it says you don't need to bring them if you upload them ..Can someone who has been through this please confirm what is correct

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Original documents needed or not

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:58 am

freedom2022 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:55 am
Good Afternoon

Im reading contradictory information about original documents ...It says upload them online and bring the originals to your appointment yet on the UKBA website it says you don't need to bring them if you upload them ..Can someone who has been through this please confirm what is correct

Many Thanks
You take then to the appointment incase something is not scanned correctly and needs to be redone.

You always have to take the original passport and brp for identity check purposes.

P.s. please ask all your questions in one topic. Your topics have been merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Re: Original documents needed or not

Post by freedom2022 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:33 pm

Apologies for posting in Wrong place ...I have done all the documents correctly but I was not sure if I also need to print them all ( and they are lots :-) - Thank you CR001 as always ..Very helpful and correct with your answers ...So in theory I only need Identification documents and any important ones just in case ..

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Re: Scan all pages of the passport or only the front ones ?

Post by freedom2022 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:39 pm
Scan all passport pages to support your absence details.
Thank You Vinny

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Asked for additional info by the caseworker

Post by freedom2022 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi All

An email has been sent by the caseworker to provide English Certificate although I did provide the one that was accepted for ILR ...So they are not accepting qualifications that were accepted at the time of settlement - Does anyone know if I need to send a hard copy to them or simply the Ref nr once I take the exam ..

Thank You

magicsign
Italy

Re: Asked for additional info by the caseworker

Post by magicsign » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:27 pm

If you applied recently there was a specific form where you could enter the English certificate ref. Number. You can reply by attaching a copy of the certificate and the ref number

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:34 pm

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

freedom2022
Newly Registered

Post by freedom2022 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:43 pm

Thank You Both

I have booked a test and once I take it I guess will have to reply to caseworker ...Shame that the English Certificate that was accepted for ILR is not accepted now as that does not have an expiry Date (FCE)

cuongle
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Post by cuongle » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 pm

freedom2022 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:01 pm
Hi All

An email has been sent by the caseworker to provide English Certificate although I did provide the one that was accepted for ILR ...So they are not accepting qualifications that were accepted at the time of settlement - Does anyone know if I need to send a hard copy to them or simply the Ref nr once I take the exam ..

Thank You
What's kind of English certificate that Home Office does not accept? is that IELTS?

Thanks