ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport returned but no application number?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deltadog
Newly Registered
Ireland

Passport returned but no application number?

Post by deltadog » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I got back my original passport today after nearly 4 months of submitting my citizenship application, but the letter has no mention of my application number?

Is this normal? Based on what I read in the group, there needs to be an application number as well received back with the original passport? Anyone else faced this?

Thanks.

blitzy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Passport returned but no application number?

Post by blitzy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:06 am

When did you submit your application?

deltadog
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by deltadog » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:09 am

17th May

nmurph
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by nmurph » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Did you receive confirmation of payment? What did the letter say that accompanied your passport? If you got confirmation of payment, I would suggest emailing them inquiring about an application number. If not, maybe they’re only partially processing applications in order to try to get peoples passports returned and another letter will follow in due course.

deltadog
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by deltadog » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:06 pm

I did not receive confirmation of payment as well, which is what I found strange. I have written to them so let us see what they reply back.

blitzy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by blitzy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:20 pm

blitzy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by blitzy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:25 pm

deltadog wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:22 pm
Hello everyone,

I got back my original passport today after nearly 4 months of submitting my citizenship application, but the letter has no mention of my application number?

Is this normal? Based on what I read in the group, there needs to be an application number as well received back with the original passport? Anyone else faced this?

Thanks.
is it an EU or NonEU or Spousal application?

deltadog
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by deltadog » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Thanks for sharing the link, it really helps.

I am a Non-EU applicant.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:54 am

I applied on 27th May 2021... Spouse of Irish Citizen. Same thing as yours. Someone called yesterday to confirm address and this morning I got the passports with no application number ... 🤔

nmurph
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by nmurph » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:50 pm

I got mine back as well. I believe they are doing it to try to expedite the backlog and return peoples passports. My letter said that my application was not fully processed (ie payment, etc) and that I would receive confirmation in due course. I’d say they’re just validating passports and sending them out leaving the application in the que to be processed fully.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:52 pm

It was a new process just before COVID started.

Previously, they would do everything in one go - scan your application into the system, verify the passport is genuine, create an application number, issue a receipt etc. It takes 1-2 months before people could get the passport back.

They changed the process in 2019 or 2020 I believe - they simply verify the passport is genuine and return it to applicants first, before doing everything else. That makes it much quicker for people to get their passport back.

Then COVID hits and the backlog quickly stacked up with all staff working from home and having no access to the tons of letters containing passports and applications in their office.

Now that they are finally restarting to process these new applications, it makes even more sense to return passports to people as soon as possible.

blitzy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by blitzy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:28 pm

nmurph wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:50 pm
I got mine back as well. I believe they are doing it to try to expedite the backlog and return peoples passports. My letter said that my application was not fully processed (ie payment, etc) and that I would receive confirmation in due course. I’d say they’re just validating passports and sending them out leaving the application in the que to be processed fully.
When did you apply?

imran6868
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by imran6868 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:01 am

can please anyone tell how long they take to returned your original passport when you submit your application for irish naturalisation thanks in advance

DUBEG
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by DUBEG » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:05 pm

around 4 months, check the 2021 citizenship application thread it has lots of information from people who submitted this year.