ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to pay initial processing fee

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Helen1964
Newly Registered

How to pay initial processing fee

Post by Helen1964 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:23 am

Morning everyone.

I’m new to this forum.
Am in the process of compiling an application for Irish citizenship through naturalisation for my husband. It’s a non-standard application as we are permanently resident abroad because of my work.
I will be visiting family in Northern Ireland in October.

One problem I’ve run into concerns payment of the €175 processing fee.

We have no way of obtaining a “bank draft drawn on an Irish bank”. Which is the only option offered in Form 8.

I emailed the Citizenship Department a couple of weeks ago, asking if they could suggest an alternative but no reply yet.

I’ve just learnt from this forum that various people have used the online payment system to pay the much larger fee that is due when the application is approved.
Has anyone been able to use it to pay the €175 initial processing fee?

Failing that, does anyone know a solicitor in Northern Ireland who has an account with Danske Bank and might be willing to get us a euro bank draft? In return for a fee of course.
I phoned around yesterday and Danske Bank seems to be the only bank up north that issues euro bank drafts acceptable to INIS. But they won’t issue them to non customers and no one in my family has an account with them.

My final option is to pop over the border when I’m in NI and buy an An Post money postal order but I’ve received no authorization from INIS to submit that instead of a bank draft.

All suggestions welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Helen

PDH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: How to pay initial processing fee

Post by PDH » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:45 pm

According to INIS a An Post postal order is excepted if you live outside the State and unable to arrange a Euro bankers draft