ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP replacement with expired passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dr_crow
Newly Registered
Argentina

BRP replacement with expired passport

Post by dr_crow » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Lost my BRP (ILR status).

Problem:
My foreign passport is expired, I applied for a new one before losing BRP, but it is still being processed and I'm uncertain when it will arrive. Online form for BRP replacement does not allow input of expired passport (it says you need to put a date in the future in that field).

Does someone knows if it is a mandatory requirement to have a valid passport for BRP-ILR replacement? I'm concerned that the new passport won't arrive before the 3 months deadline file for requesting a BRP replacement.
If it is not required, any workaround with the form? In fact, if you go all the way with it, the requirements are:
  • Proof of address
  • RON 60 Letter
  • Consent form
  • Any passport you had held since granted settlement, including expired.

Further info:
I come from a very special place, so screwed up with passport provision (among other things) that we have this particular exemption for expired passports https://www.gov.uk/government/news/anno ... -passports. UKVI considers them still valid.

As the system seems to be the same than for a status application, I expect to have a field to attach additional support documents. I am tempted to put in the form the passport's expiry date + 5 years, and attach a letter explaining why I did that, pointing to the exemption link. Sounds reasonable, but I'm a bit scared that they take it wrong, consider you lied in the application by putting a different date and get myself into a bigger mess.